Chapter 46

Tobias POV

    I stand there, frozen in time. She's right there, right in front of me... she's crying. I look back at the chasm, 'oh god this does not look good.' I think to myself. She calls out "Tobias don't do it, please don't do it." I cover my eyes, how did I get into a dream? Did I fall asleep again? She goes under the blocker and starts running towards me, I run towards her and she jumps in my arms. I hold her tight, maybe I did die and now we'll finally together.

     I look at her, "I'm sorry Tris..... I'm so sorry....." She shakes her head, "Tobias suicide is never the option. I know how hard it was but you are stronger than that, I know you are." I nod, "But it brought us together...I must have tripped because I wasn't going to jump into the chasm, I wanted to live and honor your life....but maybe it was slippery. I'm sorry I had to come to you this way." She shakes her head, "Tobias I'm alive.... You're not dead." I'm not dead? She's alive? I look at her for a second, I look down and see her tattoo is on the correct side of her.

    "How are you alive Tris?" I pause for a moment "You're alive?" She wipes my cheeks, I didn't even notice I was crying. She nods and pulls me to her. I don't know what to believe right now, I feel like I'm in a dream. How could Tris be alive? She's been gone for the past year and a half. I look over at everyone's faces, they look as shocked as I am. I look down at Tris.... Maybe this is real life.

Tris POV

    I'm finally able to breathe, Tobias is safe. That's all that matters to me, he didn't end his life. And by what he has told me so far, he wasn't going to end his life anyway. I hold his hand as we're escorted away from the chasm. I can feel their stares, I can tell they are whispering, I don't care. All I care about is that Tobias is safe. We're escorted to some rooms, first it's just me and Tobias there then more people start trickling in. Most of them are professional people to ask Tobias how he's feeling. I see Johanna come in, probably to also see what is happening with him. I see Amar walking my way, I start to get up but Tobias pulls me back down to him.

    Amar gets to me and stands right next to me. I look up at him confused, he leans down to me, "I'm here to represent you. To keep you safe. Don't answer any questions until after you explain everything to Four. These people are just asking Four on what he was doing there or if he was going to jump, etc. Boring people work. So just stay here and don't move. I'm going to get Bruno and Elena." As he goes to get them Johanna starts making her way towards us.

Tobias POV

    Johanna sits right in front of me, "What happened Tobias? You have been doing so well lately..."

    I shake my head, "Today was just a really rough day for me, so I decided to go to Dauntless to go to the chasm and think. Johanna I never was going to kill myself, I mean the thought came up but I knew I wasn't going to do it." She nods, "I believe you Tobias, you're really strong. What I'm upset about is that you didn't come to us to talk about it. We could have been there for you." I look down, "I'm sorry Johanna, please don't be offended. I just got in my car and drove. I should have went to you guys but I went here instead. You all have done so much for me..." Johanna hugs me. Since we work so closely together we were able to get really close, she's like a mother to me.

    "Tobias you really did scare us... if you're ever feeling down, please come to me. I don't care what time of day it is, you don't have to come here." She glances over to the chasm. I nod, "I hope this doesn't affect my job, all of this is just a big misunderstanding. I'm not suicidal Johanna and the doctors can see that." She shakes her head, "Of course it won't affect your job, you are the best assistant I could ever have...... but.... I would like you to take the rest of the week off. It comes to my attention you have something bigger to handle." She looks over at Tris, "It's nice to see you again Miss Prior." Johanna hands me a bag before she goes, she whispers, "Amity serum, take one now and relax." I nod and as she's leaving I drink one.

A/N; Did you really think I was going to kill Four off? I still need him for the SEQUEL! I really wished I could have ended on this chapter, but there's one more chapter after this and then this book will be over </4

Don't worry though, because the sequel will be coming out the following week!

<4