Chapter 37

Tris POV

    I lay there listening to his heartbeat. I know for a fact he's asleep just by how normal his heart is beating. I can feel myself starting to cry again and this time I don't stop myself, I let myself feel all the emotions. I cry harder and harder, this time Tobias isn't going to console me. I look at him and I can't help but smile, he's sleeping so peacefully. I wipe my eyes and get up, I don't know how much longer I have so I decide to go over and get some paper to write down the directions on how to make a nice steak. I know it's silly but I do want him to eat good when I'm gone.

    I debate if I should leave him a sign that I was there, I don't want Amar yelling at me but I know this always gives Tobias hope. I write something down and hide in one of Tobias's journals, he'll see it sooner or later. I go back over and lay with Tobias, I'll sleep next to him until Amar comes. I close my eyes and try to imagine everything being normal.

***

    "Tris wake up, you already know what time it is." I hear as I'm being shaken, I grunt and hold onto Tobias, I still don't want to leave. He grabs my arm and I open my eyes, "Don't drag me out of here, I'm walking." I look over to the kitchen, "Let's clean up so we can make this look believable." I get up and start putting the dishes away, I hand Amar the cake so we can just take it. I make everything look exactly what it would look like if it was just Tobias here, leaving no trace of me. I put in a new garbage bag and hand Amar the old one, taking the cake away from him.

    "Tris we have to go now... don't fight me on this." I nod and walk over to Tobias. He's starting to snore now, he always does that when he's really tired. So that means the serum is working. I lean in and kiss him, putting my hand on his cheek. "I love you Tobias, I'll see you soon. I promise." I close my eyes and savor the moment. I stand back up and get my phone, "Let's go Amar...." I take one last look at Tobias, letting myself memorize everything about the moment. Then I turn and start walking out the apartment, trying not to cry or break down with each step I take.

    Once we get outside Amar throws the trash away, he catches up to me. "Tris do you need me to hold anything?"

    I don't say anything. Why would I acknowledge someone who took everything away from me? He stands in front of me, "Tris stop acting like that. You know I hate doing this to you and Four. I'm not the bad guy here. Every single time you leave him you hate me and everyone, I'm sick of it." I still don't say anything, Johanna told me a long time ago to move forward I need to let go of the hate, and to do that I need to learn how to forgive people, even myself.

    We get in the car and I set all my stuff down, besides the cake I brought my clothes because right now I'm in Tobias's clothes. He shouldn't notice that he's missing a pair of sweatpants and a T-Shirt. Amar sits right across from me, "So did you have a good time?" I nod, thinking about it all makes me want to cry. It was just like a fairy tale... but even fairy tales have to end. He nudges my knee, "Want to talk about it?" I sit there in silence, where do I even begin?

    "Congrats on your engagement. Even though it didn't work out, I'm happy for both of you. You are good for each other."

    I feel anger again, "Amar... why do you have to say stuff like that? That you know Tobias and I are good for each other but there's no way I can be with him." I start fighting off the tears, then I hear Johanna's words, 'Forgive'. I go into Amar's arms and start to cry, "I love him so much Amar..." he holds me helping me calm down.

A/N; I have planned out the rest of the story so there's about 10 chapters left in this story. I'm thinking of doing a sequel but I'm not 100% sure yet of it! I'm really excited for the next 10 chapters because this is when we find out the aftermath of Tris' visit and see what's going to happen between them! What do you thinks going to happen? Comment below!

<4