Chapter 35

Tris POV

    It takes awhile for Tobias to calm me down again. I can't believe that just happened. Amar really did come in here trying to take me away. Right after we got engaged he has the nerve to try to take me away. Anger and sadness just take over my body. I can't leave Tobias... I just can't. Every single time I come it gets harder and harder to leave. I love him so much, I love him more that it's possible to love.

    Tobias wipes the tears off my face, "Tris it's okay, he's not going to come till tonight. It's all fine."

    I shake my head, looking down. I can't stop crying, "He's going to take me away from you again... The Bureau is taking me away..."

    He kisses my forehead, "Tris we're always going to have each other... always. No matter what they do, we'll have each other."

    I hold onto his hand, I know he's right but I still don't want to leave. I need to be strong for him like he's being strong for me. I nod and wipe my eyes.

    He kisses me, "Now how about we go and have our dinner, I want to help you and learn how to cook."

    You'll forget it in the morning, I think to myself but nod anyway. We get up and make our way to the kitchen. While he's getting out the food I start getting out the pans I need to start to make the food. I show him how to season the steaks and the proper way to cut up the vegetables. We start cooking together, which is a lot more fun than I expected.

    Just as the food is getting done Tobias goes into the bag and pulls out a box labeled 'Cake Mix'. "I thought it would be fun to make a cake together too! It's not as good as the Dauntless cake but it's still chocolate." I can't help but smile, some things don't change about a person. We both start on the cake so we can put it in the oven before the food is ready. We start mixing the mix and getting the pan ready so we can pour it in. Just as we put it in the oven the food is done so I tell him to set the table, "Okay Mrs. Eaton." He kisses me as he gets the plates out.

    I set the oven to a timer and take the food off the stove. When I put the food on the plates I make them look nice, I was taught that presentation of the food was an important key role of success. When we sit down I can hear Tobias breath in, "All of this smells amazing baby, I bet it tastes as good as it smells." He smiles as I kiss his cheek, "I guess there's only one way for you to find out!" He takes a bite of it and he lets out a groan, "Tris this is seriously delicious, you really are good at it!" I can't help but smile, I guess those cooking lessons really did pay off.

    When the cake is done I take it out and let it cool down then put icing on it. I figured out a way to decorate it without having the proper tools is to use a sandwich bag but to cut the corner so it can be like the decorating tool we use. I call out to Tobias, "Do you want me to write anything on the cake?" He looks at me, his mouth stuffed with food. I laugh because he looks like a chipmunk. After he swallows he thinks for a moment, "How about Mr. and Mrs. Eaton? It could be our engagement cake!" I smile as I decorate the cake, these are the moments that no one can take away from us.

    After we take pictures of the cake we eat it together, Tobias can't stop going on about how good everything was and I can't stop going on about how I'm going to make him fat with all the cooking I'll do for him. We sit there talking about our future together, how amazing it's going to be. I look over at the clock, it's already 9pm.