Roxanne's First Cruise (Summer Vacation 2008)

For our vacation in 2008, Roxanne and I took a cruise on the Adriatic Sea

For our vacation in 2008, Roxanne and I took a cruise on the Adriatic Sea. Again, this vacation was my present to her for doing so well during her junior year at college and, again, this vacation was very special for her because of two reasons. The first one was because it was her very first time in Europe and the second one was because it was her very first time she went on a cruise. Because she had never been on a cruise before, she was worried at first about what it would be like and about getting seasick and about drowning if she fell off, even though she could swim now. But thanks to my ability to motivate her to try new stuff, she decided to give this cruise a try and she was glad that she did. As each year went by since she came back into my life, Roxanne needed less of my motivation because she got braver and more confident at trying new things.

The first place Roxanne and I went to on our vacation was Venice. That was where our cruise was going to start its voyage, but first we had three amazing days to explore the beautiful city of Venice. We stayed at a small, yet lovely hotel and we visited a lot of incredible attractions, including St. Mark's Basilica, St. Mark's Square, the Doge's Palace, the Piazza San Marco and the Campanile among them. We also took gondola rides and enjoyed them. We also enjoyed the delicious food we had at all the amazing cafes and restaurants we went to. We always enjoyed Italian food, especially pizza, lasagne, spaghetti and meatballs and cannelloni back in the USA, but trying these amazing foods in the country that invented them was just incredible. It was like we were trying these foods for the first time in our lives again. When Roxanne told me how much she enjoyed Venice, it made me feel happy and proud of myself for suggesting this vacation for the both of us, even though it was just the beginning.

After those three wonderful days in Venice, it was time to board the cruise. Remember how nervous Roxanne was before she boarded the cruise because she had never been on one in her entire life before? Well, when she boarded it, she became very impressed with it and it quickly grew on her. She liked the cabin that we had and the bed, the TV, the bathroom and the balcony with it. And she liked the food and drinks at the cafés and the restaurants on the massive boat. She liked the big swimming pool on the sun deck and the hot tubs.

The first stop the cruise made was at Trieste and Roxanne and I had a wonderful day exploring it and seeing a lot of amazing attractions including the Piazza dell'Unita d'Italia, the Historical Museum of the Miramare Castle and the Castello di San Giusto among them and we had a delicious lunch at a wonderful cafe. Then we went back to the cruise and went to the big restaurant to have dinner and while we ate we talked about the adventures we had on that day and saw the cruise sail away. Roxanne told me how much she enjoyed exploring Trieste and how much she was enjoying the cruise more now that she gave it a chance, especially with coming back to a nice and clean cabin after exploring off the ship and not having to cook.

Then after a day at sea, the cruise arrived at Pula and Roxanne and I had a lovely day exploring it and seeing more awesome stuff including the Amphitheatre de Pula, the Benazic Winery, the Tempio Di Augusto and the Zerostrasse among them before we went back to the cruise.

Then the next day, the cruise arrived at Rijeka and Roxanne and I had an amazing day exploring it and seeing its cool attractions including Trsat Castle, Korzo, the Natural History Museum and the Rijeka Tunnel among them before we headed back to the cruise.

After another day at sea, the cruise arrived at Zadar and Roxanne and I had a great day, first exploring the Forum and having a tour of the Degarra Winery and then we spent the afternoon chilling on Kolovare Beach, where we relaxed on it and went swimming in the Adriatic Sea before we headed back to the cruise.

The next day, the cruise arrived at Sibenik and Roxanne and I had an excellent day exploring it and seeing many incredible attractions including St. Nicholas' Fortress, the Dalmatian Ethno Village, a tour of Rak Winery and the Sokolarski Rapton Centre among them before we went back to the cruise.

The next day, the cruise arrived at Split and Roxanne and I had a fun day exploring and seeing many great attractions including the Palazzo di Diocleziano, the Old Split, the Kils Fortress and the Peristyle of Diocletian's Palace before heading back to the cruise.

Then, after the last day at sea, the last stop was Dubrovnik and Roxanne and I had a great half day exploring it and seeing the Walls of Dubrovnik, the Old Town, the Stradun and Fort Lovrjenac before we had go to Dubrovnik Airport to catch our plane back home.

Every day before Roxanne and I went off the boat to explore the destinations, every morning we went to the buffet café for our breakfast and every night after we returned to the cruise we ate at the main restaurant for our dinners and watched the cruise sail away to the next destination. Sometimes we would have our dinners in the buffet café on the days at sea, we would have our breakfast in the main restaurant because we didn't have get up early and we didn't have destinations to go and explore. Wherever we ate at, we always enjoyed our delicious meals. And when we were exploring these destinations, we went to plenty of lovely cafes and had lots of lovely lunches and we had lots of lovely lunches on the cruise during our days at sea.

Roxanne and I had lots of fun on the cruise too. We enjoyed swimming in the swimming pool, relaxing in the hot tubs or on the sun loungers. Roxanne tried the gym with me once. And she had a free voucher for the spa so she went to have a lovely back massage and a lovely mud bath. We enjoyed the entertainment the cruise offered in its theater, including a dance tribute show where the performers would dance to many awesome popular songs with Powerline's songs among them, a magician's show, a comedy show and the jukebox musical, Rock of Ages. And this cruise had a giant screen on the sun deck and we enjoyed seeing movies on it on our sun loungers every night. And we enjoyed attending some classes the ship had to offer like chocolate making and meditating. But despite all these amazing things, the best part of this vacation was sharing it with Roxanne and the thing we enjoyed doing the most was having sex in bed.

So, yeah, this cruise was totally awesome and it couldn't have gotten any better for me or for Roxanne.