04| Only I would be excited for school

Disclaimer: Stephanie Meyer owns all rights to twilight except for Gabby because she is my character and her basic plot line.

I pulled into the school yard, leaning my now fixed bicycle against a post where a cluster of other bikes sat and wrapped my lock around it securely. I was glad to have found the school, I had looked up the directions on Google Maps the other night and was content to learn that my navigation skills had payed off.

Students loitered around the ground in front of the school and all around the parking lot, greeting on another. A couple who were making out on the school steps were shooed off by an annoyed teacher. I turned my attention as a black car came screeching into the parking lot, blasting music. A weedy looking boy who was wearing a v-neck sweater and a tie climbed out of it akwardly and the car screeched off seconds later.

Stares followed me as I hoisted my backpack over my shoulder and headed to the main doors of the school. Luckily the administration office was right at the entrance and I didn't have to ask one of the other students for directions. Pulling open the office door, I headed inside and was greeted by a thin woman with purple spectacles and a flowery blouse, who was tapping away at the computer.

"Hi darling what can I do for you?" she asked warmly pausing her typing to look up at me.

"My aunt called last night... they told me to come here. I'm Gabrielle Cullen, I'm new" I said and the woman smiled.

"Right. They told me you were coming today... I'm sorry the first day back is always a little crazy. Your aunt didn't come with you?" She asked and I gulped nervously as I had been the one who at faked the call last night pretending to be Esme. The woman shook her head and laughed, "It's okay dear. My son is the same way. You're a sophomore right?" She asked and I nodded relieved. She tapped a couple times on the computer and then disappeared towards a room in the back. While I waited I took a look around the room, it was nicely decorated with a couple potted plants and some soft chairs along the wall.

"Here it is" said the woman emerging from the back. Handing me a small stack of paper she said, "Here's your schedule, locker combination, a map of the school which isn't too big, and your homeroom teacher is Mrs. Cadden in room 107" she said and I smiled at her gratefully.

"Thank you..." I paused realizing I didn't know her name.

"Oh, Mrs.McBride. But you can call me Poppy" she said fastening a name tag on her blouse.

"Thank you Poppy" I said and she smiled giving me a wave.

"Don't hesitate to come back if you need anything" she said and I headed out back into the hallway as a shrill bell rang overhead. Sighing I looked at the map, which pretty much painted a sign over my head reading 'The new kid'. Everything was unfamiliar as I made my way down the hall, trying to picture Jasper, Edward, Bella and all of the Cullens here. It was hard to picture.

Heading down a couple hallways, and pleased to have only gotten lost once I arrived at room 107. I took a deep breath and entered the classroom. The chatter stopped as I entered and 15 pairs of eyes followed me as I headed over to Mrs. Cadden's desk.

"You must be Gabrielle Cullen" she said smiling though it wasn't a pleasant smile, as the warmth didn't reach her eyes. When I nodded, she stood up drawing attention from the class. "Students, this is Gabrielle Cullen. I expect everyone to be welcoming towards her" she said, sternly and the class nodded collectively.

"Gabby!" exclaimed a familiar voice and I looked around, finding Dylan waving excitedly at me. Breathing a sigh of relief I quickly walked over to him. "Sit beside me" he said gently pushing his red-head friend out of the way who sighed and took the empty seat behind him next to a girl with big square glasses who had her face in a book.

"You know her already? Dude, you move fast!" exclaimed his friend as I smiled and took the now vacated seat. Dylan glared at his friend giving him a light slap on the shoulder.

"Don't mind Ollie he's mentally challenged" Dylan said and Ollie gave a cry of outrage. The girl beside him looked up giving us all a withering stare before turning back to her book.

"Let me properly introduce myself. I'm Oliver Dunbar" he said and held out his hand to shake.

"Gabby" I replied taking his hand and giving it a friendly shake.

"Don't mind her" he said nodding to the girl beside him, "Ava just hates people in general" he said and the girl slammed her book shut to give him a glare.

"I do not! I just hate idiots like you!" she cried looking ready to chuck her book at his head.

"Well I find that pretty hard to-"

Oliver's sentence got cut off as Mrs. Cadden rose to her feet and the entire class snapped to attention.

"Welcome sophomores. I trust that you have all made the observation that you are no longer freshman. That you are no longer the babies of the school. You may be feeling a little cocky, a little smug but I am here to tell you that I will not tolerate any misbehaving in my lessons" she said emphasizing her words as though we were dimwits, her gaze swept the room pausing briefly at Dylan and Oliver before she continued. "Turn to page 394, we will be beginning the lesson".

xx

Chapter 4 of revised Gabby Cullen 3.0 is up! Which is really satisfying. In other words we reached 7.1k reads. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this book even though I know it sucks at some moments 

And future readers I love you guys too!

Love to every one,

_Ellexx