Hello Hot Stuff.

Aoi's POV

I had managed to explain to Thatch that I couldn't speak with out using my voice, and after that, he took me to see the captain himself.

Yup. I was meeting Whitebeard. I was meeting Whitebeard....

Holy fuck I was meeting Whitebeard.

I was staring up at the mountain of a man right now. My jaw was hanging open slightly. He was staring down at me and I'm pretty sure that my eyes were in the shape of stars right now. I felt a nudge in my side and I had realized that Whitebeard had asked for my name. I looked over at Marco, who was standing by me and then back to Whitebeard.

I motioned Whitebeard to come closer to me and he leaned down to look at me closer. I tapped my throat twice, then shrugged.

"You can't speak?" He asked. I shook my head. I looked back at Marco, who had a guilty look on his face. He must have gotten a little irritated with me for not speaking. I looked back up at Whitebeard and made the motion of writing with paper and pen. Izo appeared by my side with a pencil and a notebook. I quickly wrote on the paper and showed it to Whitebeard.

My name is Aoi. Ocean Aoi.

I had written.

"Aoi, huh? That's a pretty name." Whitebeard said. I grinned up at him as if to say thank you.

"I'm assuming you know me." He said and I nodded in response. He chuckled at me.

"Beside you is Marco, and the man who gave you the notepad and pencil is Izo."  He said. I scribbled on the paper again.

It's a pleasure to meet you!

I wrote and showed.

"Aoi, have you always been unable to speak?" He asked. I shook my head. He hummed in thought.

"Would you like to become my daughter?" He asked. I blinked rapidly up at him. I wrote and showed again.

I'm sorry, what?

"Would you like to join this crew and be my daughter?" Whitebeard repeated. I couldn't believe my ears. Me? Really?

"We're basically a family here." Marco explained. I wrote on the pad again.

But I can't fight, I'm no good at cooking, I'm no doctor and I can't even sing for entertainment. I'd just be in the way.

I showed with a frown. Whitebeard hummed again.

"Well, we have plenty of people who can teach you to cook, fight and even teach you medical skills. Would you like to join us or not?" He asked. I thought for a long time.

"Should I? They said they would train me. If I learned to cook I'd probably see Ace a lot. If I was a doctor I could help everyone. And if I could fight... If I could fight.... Would I be able to save Ace? Well... It's worth a try." I thought. I wrote on the pad and showed again.

Yes.

Whitebeard smiled happily at me and I grinned back.

"I'm going to put you in the second division. The commander will be more than happy to teach you to fight. From there you can decide to choose doctor or cook." He said. I nodded in agreement.

"Marco, you will introduce her, correct?" Whitebeard asked. Marco nodded.

"And Aoi?" Whitebeard asked me. I looked up at him. He smiled down at me gently.

"You can think of me as your father." He said. I grinned and nodded.

"Follow me, Aoi-chan." Marco said. I nodded and followed him. I was still only in my night flannel shirt and I was barefoot, but I was happy.