Alliance

Timeskip

Aoi's POV

Ace and I walked out to where Luffy and the others were.

"Aoi-chan! Tell him it's a bad idea! Tell him not to do it!" Usopp suddenly yelled at me.

"Uh? Not to do what?" I asked.

"Aoi-chan! I made an alliance!" Luffy said. I looked over and standing in front of him was Law and Aka. Aka made eye contact with me.

"You!" We said at the same time. We stared hard at each other.

"Funny, I thought I had seen the last of your ugly mug back in Marineford." Aka said to me.

"I know that you couldn't handle it, but did you think something so petty could take me down?" I asked. The air was tense. It seemed Ace and Law were the only ones calm. Luffy seemed confused while Chopper, Usopp, Franky and Robin watched tensely.

"Still as arrogant as ever." Aka said.

"I'm as arrogant as you are tall, smol bean." I said. The tension grew as Aka and I stood with barely even three feet between us. Suddenly, and at the same time, Aka and I both snorted, then burst in to full on laughter.

"Aka, you son of a bitch, it's good to see you again!" I laughed.

"The same to you, Popsicle!" She laughed with me. Our arms were around each other's shoulders at this point as we laughed.

"Aoi? You know this woman?" Robin asked.

"Of course I do! She and I come from the same place after all!" I laughed.

"We're old friends. Speaking of Marineford, how are you since that?" Aka asked. I patted my bicep.

"Fit as a fiddle." I said. After that, we got back to buisness. Due to the injuries sustained to Chopper's body while he and Franky were switched, he couldn't move very well, so Usopp tied him to Law's hat so he could go with Law to help the kids. Law's look of mortal terror had Ace on his knees in fits of laughter while I cried with laughter. Aka looked as if she were trying not to laugh, but she lost it in the end.

It seemed that Aka's laugh broke Law of his trance and switched Chopper to his nodachi.

"Well, then Aka-ya, Aoi-ya, Chopper-ya and I will go to the lab while the rest of you handle things out here. Aka-ya and I will distract Monet-ya and Caesar-ya while Aoi-ya and Chopper-ya examine the drugs." Law said. We all nodded in agreement.

Law teleported us to the Lab. Chopper and I took off to examine the drugs while Law and Aka kept Monet and Caesar's attention on them.

Aka's POV

I stopped by Law's side as he was doubled over in pain. I began to shake as I remembered what was going on. I swollowed hard. I heard foot steps approach. I didn't dare move.

"What are you doing here?" Law grunted.

"You've grown up since I last saw you, Law." A voice said. I turned to grab my dagger and felt pain shoot through my chest.

"Gah!" I gasped as I gripped the area above my heart.

"We don't trust Caesar, so we sent Monet in as a deep cover agent to monitor him. I came in on an inbound SAD tanker from Dressrosa." Vergo said. Law moved to attack him, but was easily beaten away by the haki covered bamboo stick Vergo carried. I moved to help Law, but again, the stinging pain in my chest stopped me.

Monet then came and locked us up with Robin, Franky, and Luffy as well as Smoker and Tashigi. Vergo showed us that he had mine and Law's heart's as well as Smoker's.

"Why did you give him your hearts?" Robin asked.

"It was supposed to show shared trust. Law has Monet's heart somewhere." I told her quietly. Vergo squeazed Law's heart, making him cry out in pain.

"Law!" I cried and tried to get to him.

"Interesting, this heart reacted when Law screamed. I barely heard Vergo say before pain shot through my chest, making me scream in pain.

Aoi's POV

Chopper and I peaked around the corner.

"What do we do?" He whispered. I pulled him back to me after Law's paper hit him in the face.

"Don't do anything." I read the paper. "Simple, then. We wait for Law's signal." I said. Chopper nodded and we waited silently for our moment to move. After seeing everyone successfully escape, we followed the escape route Law mapped out for us. I knew that Monet knew we were here. But since she wasn't going to attack us, I decided against fighting her. There was no point of engaging in a meaningless fight, so I merely left with Chopper.

Aka's POV

I waited for the moment. I waited for the words. Thanks to Law switching out some of the sea stone chains for regular steel chains, escape was easy. And thankfully, Smoker had been willing to work with us.

"You were the only miscalculation to my plan." Law said. I ran forward and moved to stab Vergo, but I was immediately met with a pain in my chest. I fell to the ground, screaming in pain. Smoker then took his own chance on Vergo, forcing him to release my heart. As the two men fought, Law came to my side.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. I nodded as I panted.

"I need a moment is all. You go get our hearts back." I said. Law nodded and continued with the plan.