This War is Over

Aoi's POV

I groaned and sat up.

"Aoi-chan!" I heard Izo say. I tunred my head and was met with the sight of the destroyed Moby Dick. I felt sadness over take me as I remembered what had happened.

Akainu has destroyed my home. My family. He had taken my husband from me.

I felt a sob break my throat.

"Aoi... You fought so hard that you passed out immediately after. Just rest. Pops will take care of Blackbeard." Haruta said.

"Pops!" I said. I stood up and pushed Izo and Haruta off of me.

"No! I can't let Teach end Dad's life! I can't let him use his devil fruit to get Dad's!" I thought. I ran as hard as I could, ignoring the calls from Marco, Izo and Haruta.

Flashback.

"Aoi.... You have no need to hide it from me. We both know it is going to happen and soon." Pops said. I turned my attention to the ground.

"Dad... You... You don't have much time left... The next big battle you're in... That will be it. Your heart will fail." I said, the bitter words stinging in my mouth like poison.

"Aoi... At my funeral... I want you to sing that song you sang the other night. Please." He said. I swollowed hard. I forced myself to nod.

"Well. That's all, then." I said quietly. I heard him shift to leave my medical office.

"Daddy." I said, my voice cracking. I heard his feet stop.

"Yes, daughter?" He asked. I turned and ran to him, hugging him as tightly as I could, trying to force my tears to stop.

"Th-thank you... For being my father... You're the best dad that I could ask for." I cried. I felt his arms wrap around me in a gentle, yet protective hug.

"Thank you for letting me be your father." He said.

Flashback ends.

I ran on, pumping my legs harder.

"I can't let Teach get his devil fruit. Dad doesn't deserve that! Teach dosen't deserve it!" I thought. I leapt across as I saw my father still towering above everyone. My heart beat with hope.

But as I drew nearer, that hope was blown out like a candle in a hurricane.

Looking over the old man. The wounds... The way he stood... As the wind blew his coat from his shoulders, I knew. I didn't need a doctor's opinion.

My father was dead.

And judging by the way Teach's back was to him, I was too late to stop Teach from taking his devil fruit, too.

Rage and sorrow burned through me. A loud shriek left my throat. All the pain I felt was put into that scream.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I screamed. I leapt high in to the air, pulling my water sword back, ready to slice through Teach.

His arm snapped back and grabbed me, then threw me directly in to the ground. I coughed to get the dirt out of my lungs.

"Well, well... Aoi-chan. Even after that big show you put on, you're still able to stand. Even after collapsing on Ace." Teach said. My head snapped up and I glared at him through my sweat soaked hair.

"Still, you stand against me and fight. As if you aren't so pathetically wea-" he was cut off my me punching him in the gut as hard as I could. Letting out a loud shriek of anguish, I began to punch him repeatedly as hard as my aching arms would let me.

His hand shot out and he back handed me across my face, sending me flying.

"Stupid, yet beautiful woman. Don't you know this all could have been avoided? If you had just been mine." He said.

"I know you lie. Cause your lips are movin. Tell me, do you think I'm dumb? I might be young. But I ain't stupid." I sang. I stood up and glared at him.

"Do you take me for a fool, Teach? I can see the fucking future! It doesn't matter if I agreed to be your bitch or not! All of this would have happened! You still would have caused all of this!" I yelled, summoning my sword again.

"Because of you... I've lost everything... My husband... My father.... Everything I ever cared for! Everything I loved for is gone and it's because of you! I should have killed you when I first had the chance!" I screamed. I ran at him again.

He caught me by my throat this time. He scowled down at me. I grabbed at the fingers constricting around my throat. I kicked my legs, trying to get away.

"You could easily slip away from me here, Aoi. All you have to do is turn yourself to water. So why don't you? Maybe you're too exhausted to after your last fight? Or... You can't turn in to water... Because it will cause you to lose your unborn child." Teach said. I tried not to let myself react.

"Just... Snap... My... Fucking... Neck... Already..." I choked out. He slowly closed his hand around my throat, making me gasp to try to get air in my lungs. I closed my eyes, trying to get air in my lungs.

"DON'T EVEN!"

Suddely, Teach's hand was off my throat and I was on the ground, gasping for air. I felt arms wrap around me and carry me away. I opened my eyes.

"Marco..." I coughed.

"That's enough out of you, reckless little sister." Marco said. I looked over his shoulder.

"What?... Why is Coby pleading to Kizaru? Shouldn't he be telling Akainu to stop?" I thought. Kizaru raised his leg to kick a bolt of light through Coby. Shanks darted forward and saved him.

I let myself lean against Marco and closed my eyes. I could rest now. Aka and Law had Luffy. Shanks was here. Ace and Dad were dead.

The War of Marineford was over.