Your Answer.

3rd person POV

The next morning, Ace and Aoi began to head back to the beach where Ace's boat waited silently. Aoi stopped as they were a few steps away. Ace turned and looked at her.

"You coming?" He asked.

"You still want me to come with you? After everything you heard?" She asked. Ace stared at her for a moment.

"Um, duh?" He said.

"Isn't there anything you want to ask me first?" She asked. He thought.

"Well... There is one thing I want to know..." He said.

"I'll tell you anything and everything. All you have to do is ask." She said. Ace looked her in the eyes with a look of hurt in them. Aoi felt a pang in pain in her heart when he did.

"Why didn't you tell me you were from an alternate dimension?" He asked. Aoi looked down, trying to make sure he didn't see the pain in her eyes, knowing he'd tell her not to tell him, and she had promised to tell him.

"Ace... If I had told you I was from an alternate dimension, after getting past the fact that I wasn't insane and I proved I was from another dimension, would you have tried to find away to send me back? And answer honestly." She asked. Ace thought for a long time.

"Would I have tried to send her back if she told me right off the bat? I really like Aoi, I couldn't imagine life with out her. No, I wouldn't have... Would
I? But, I guess I would have thought that because she was from another dimension, I wouldn't think she belonged here." Ace thought. He sighed.

"...I guess I would have..." He admitted. Aoi turned away, not wanting him to see how much that hurt her.

"That's why I never said anything. I don't want to go back." She said.

"Why? Don't you have friends? Family?" Ace asked.

"Don't you remember anything? My mother was a prostitute, my father was the most famous drug dealer in the world. They both died when I was eight after my mother's "employer" killed them, then I killed him in self defense. My whole life after that, adults kept their children away from me. Saying that I'd either fuck them, sell them drugs, or kill them, just like my parents or the man I killed. People in that dimension hated me, Ace. Some even tried to kill me twice a week. No one would even give me a chance." Aoi said, tears starting down her face.

"So... You were like me..." Ace said.

"No." Aoi said.

"No?" Ace asked. She shook her head.

"When you were little, you had Garp and Dadan and Makino and Luffy and Sabo. They all love you. Then you had the Spade Pirates, and now you have the Whitebeard Pirates. When I was little, I had no one. I didn't even have a teddy bear. You had people who loved you from the very start, but I had no one, Ace! You have people that love you so much that they are willing to die for you, but if I go back there, there are people waiting to kill me. And after they do, there won't be a funeral. There won't even be a grave. No one would have been affected by my death there." Aoi said, tears pouring down her face, drowning the sand at her feet.

"Aoi..." Ace started. She didn't turn. She couldn't face him.

"Ever since I came here... Ever since I met you... I felt like... Like people actually care about me. That it's possible for people to love me, and care about me. But... Still... I never had what you have, Ace." She cried.

"What... I have?" He asked.

"You have a little brother that loves and adores you. You have the biggest pirate crew in the world practically in love with you. The only people that actually hate you are the people that hate all pirates and don't give them a chance. Everyone loves you, Ace. Even people from Kirayan's... My... Dimension love you. But me? I had no one from the very start. As a child, I was afraid to go to sleep at night because I was afraid that I'd wake up to someone strangling me or that I wouldn't wake up at all." She said. Ace stood in complete shock. Was that really true?