One Girl in Love to Another

Aoi's POV

"Man, I really fucked up." I thought. I knocked in Aka's door.

"G-go away." I heard her say.

"Aka, It's me." I said. I barely heard her mutter my name.

"I'm coming in now, okay?" I asked. I pushed open the door and walked in. Aka was sitting on her bed, knees pulled to her chest and her face burried in her arms.

"Aka? What happened?" I asked, sitting down on her bed.

"... I kissed him..." She said. I blinked at her.

"Really?" I asked. She nodded.

"I don't know what happened. But before I even realized what I was doing, my lips were on his! And I feel terrible!" She said.

"Was it a bad kiss?" I asked. She stopped, then shook her head.

"It was good. His lips were so warm and soft. And he tasted like cinnamon butter... But what makes it terrible is that I swore not to follow these feelings!" She said.

"Why?" I asked. She looked up at me.

"Don't you remember his goal? I have to be by his side when he finally does face Doflamingo! But if we have feelings for each other, then Doflamingo will target me, and that will make things a lot harder for Law if he's trying to fight Doflamingo and protect me at the same time!" Aka said. I sighed.

"I know! I know! It's a dumb thing to fear, but I just-" she started.

"I understand." I said. She looked up at me.

"You do?" She asked. I nodded and crossed my legs under me.

"Look at who my boyfriend is. It took Ace and I so long to get together because, one, he was afraid that it would paint a target on my back and two, I knew it would paint a target in my back." I said. Aka wiped her eyes.

"What do you mean?" She asked. I sighed again.

"Just because of Ace's lineage, it paints a target on his back, and he knows that. And you know how Marines like to play dirty. Once word gets out that Ace and I are together, it's going to set me as a prime target for the marines. Ace and I both know this. I don't want Ace to worry about me every time we get in a battle." I said.

"But?" Aka implied.

"But, even though I know there's a target on my back, I know that this closeness between me and Ace is what makes us both stronger." I said.

"Meaning?" Aka asked. I sighed and stood. I summoned my water sword and grabbed her arm.

"Do you trust me?" I asked. She nodded. I cut her arm.

"Ow!" She said, trying to pull her wrist away. I pulled her arm closer to me so I was looking down at the cut I made.

"Water Healing: Angel's Tears." I said. Soft tears fell from my eyes on to the cut, instantly healing it. Her eyes widened in amazement.

"If I didn't have Ace's love to push me forward. I never would have learned that. I do know what your afraid of, Aka, but I've also learned that love can be your strength just as much as it can be your weakness." I said.

"What?" She asked.

"Aka, the more pressure put on a bottle, the closer it gets to breaking." I said.

"What? What are you saying, Aoi?" Aka asked me.

"Confess. Even if he rejects you, you'll still be inclined to get stronger to show him you can protect yourself as well as him. You'll get stronger because you won't have the fear stabbing your heart. But if you continue to bottle your emotions, eventually you'll crack, and after the crack comes the shatter." I said. She stared at me.

"You heard everything and you used your water to make us kiss, didn't you?" She asked. I grinned sheepishly.

"Guilty as charged." I said. She stared down at her lap. I patted her head.

"Seriously though, Aka. Confess your feelings. You never know what might happen." I said.

"Do you think you could tell me the future if I did?" She asked.

"I don't see anything until you finalize your decision. And you and I both know that sometimes, it's better not to know the future." I said. She sighed.

"Yeah..." She said.

"And, uh, sorry. I guess I kinda fucked things up for you." I said. I was suprised when she smiled at me.

"It's okay. I think you might be right." She said. I smiled and walked away.