Aoi is Okay!

3rd person POV

Almost a full week had past and Aoi still hadn't woken up and Ace hadn't left her side, even to eat or sleep. He ate small amounts in her room, at her bedside, his eyes never leaving her face. When he slept, his head rested on her stomach so he could always feel her breathing even when he slept. His hand never left hers.

Until the day her heart stopped.

He had been watching her when her breathing slowed to a stop. He pressed his ear to her chest, but the sound of his racing heart deafened him to anything else. He pressed fingers to her throat, searching for a pulse and not finding one.

"Aoi? Aoi! No! Don't leave me!" Ace yelled and immediately began to pump her heart.

"Not her. I can't lose her. I love her too much!" Ace thought in a panic.

"Come on, Aoi! Stay with me! I can't lose you! Come back to me!" He yelled and continued to pump her heart. Tears building in his eyes.

"First I lose Sabo, now I'm losing Aoi? No! No! I can't lose Aoi! I love her! I can't lose her! Aoi! I love you! Please, don't die! Don't leave me!" Ace pleaded in his mind desperately.

A tight gasp passed Aoi's lips and Ace's heart soared with relief. He fell to his knees in relief. He rested his head on her shoulder as tears spilled down his cheeks in relief.

"Aoi... Thank god..." He breathed and cried silently for a bit. He calmed down and carefully returned the chair he knocked over him his panic to its original stance and sat back down. He rested his head on her stomach and held her hand, resting it on her chest. He slipped off in to sleep.

After a few moments of silence, Ace spoke in his sleep.

"Don't leave me, Aoi..." He murmured in his sleep.

Aoi's POV

My eyes opened and I stared at a blurry ceiling as my eyes adjusted to being open and in use after who knows how long.

"My name... Is Ocean D. Aoi now... Or I guess it always was according to everyone... The only way I'll be able to speak again is if Ace kisses me willingly with out me suprise attacking him... And I can use water as a weapon now... Am I a total badass or what?... Damn my body is sore as fuck..." I thought as my eyes focused. I looked down and I saw Ace sound asleep on my stomach, his large hand holding my significantly smaller hand to my chest. I smiled at the sight. Poor guy must have worn himself out worrying about me.

I raised my free hand and grimaced. I was weak as hell. How long have I been out? Any longer and I would have starved to death or something.

I forced myself to move my hand and stroked Ace's cheek gently. His lips rose in smirk in reaction to my touch, making my heart flutter. He was so cute.

The door opened and I turned my head to see Marco walk in. His eyes met mine and I saw relief and joy fill his eyes. He opened his mouth to say my name. I quickly rose my hand and pressed my finger to my lips, telling him to be quiet. I pointed to Ace, sound asleep on my stomach. Marco nodded and silently moved closer to me and Ace.

"Good morning sunshine. It's been a week." He whispered to me. I grinned at him. I turned my attention back to Ace as he slept peacefully on my stomach. I stroked his hair that fell in a mess around his face.

"He hasn't left your side since we got back, you know." Marco whispered to me. I looked over at him, then back to Ace.

"He hasn't left my side once?" I mouthed.

"Nope. He ate in here and slept in here, never leaving your side." Marco whispered. I stared at Ace in bewilderment.

"He never left my side... He was that worried about me..." I thought.