Rumor.

Ace's POV

The first thing I felt when I woke up were small arms wrapped around my shoulders and my cheek against something soft. I half opened my eyes to see what -or who- it was, still tired and not wanting to wake up yet.

I looked up and saw Aoi's sleeping face. The corner of her mouth twitched as she slept. She must have be having a good dream.

"Wait... Why is Aoi in my bed? Wait... Oh god! Please tell me I didn't!" I thought. I felt my face heat up as my eyes snapped wide open. I felt relief when I saw Aoi was still fully dressed, then the events of last night replayed in my head.

My nightmare, Aoi bursting in, daggers at the ready in case of an attack, her having to get a bucket of water when I set the door on fire, her coaxing me wordlessly in to telling her about my nightmare, me asking her to stay.

I adjusted carefully to where she was sleeping comfortably on my chest. Another smirk tugged her lips. I smiled down at her sleeping on my chest.

She looked so peaceful, so different from when she was awake. When she was awake she always had this knowing look. And the mixes of emotions in her eyes all the time. But in this moment, she looked so peaceful, so at ease, so happy.

So beautiful.

If I had the power to freeze time, I would freeze it right now and leave it in this moment forever. Just me and her.

I wrapped my arms around her frame protectively and gently. Her breath danced acrossed my chest as she released a voiceless sigh. I laied my head back down on the pillows and drifted back to sleep.

Aoi's POV

When I woke up, it was to Ace's rhythmic breathing. I smiled and carefully tried to remove myself from his grip to dress myself, but the second my body wasn't in full contact with his, he tightened his grip on me and dragged me back against him.

I sighed up in to my bangs. I folded my arms and rested my chin on them, watching Ace's face as he slept.

I had to admit, Ace was already hot enough as it was when he was awake, but when he was asleep?

He seemed so... Venerable... So... Cute.

I wanted to wake him up, but at the same time, I wanted to stay where we were.

I sighed in frustration, knowing I had to be the responsible adult here. I reached up and gently tugged Ace's hair. He opened one eye and looked down at me tiredly.

"Nh... Go back to sleep." He mumbled, shutting his eye. I smacked his chest and scowled. He looked back down at me and sighed.

"Alright." He said with a frown and released my waist. I sat up and made sure my shirt still covered my ass.

Once I was sure I was covered, I stood up and headed for the door, going to my cabin to get back in my cloths.

"Hey." Ace said. I stopped and looked at him. He held my daggers out to me.

"Don't forget these." He said. I grinned sheepishly and held out my hand for them. He put the hilts in my hand. Our hands lingered, his still resting on mine.

I stared at his hand on top of mine. His fingers brushed gently over my wrist. I looked up at him. He was looking at our hands, too. He turned his eyes to me. Our eyes locked and I felt my cheeks heat up.

Was it just me or was he getting closer?

I closed my hands around the hilts of my daggers and dropped my hand.