The Truth Comes Out.

Aoi's POV

I sighed as I waited for Ace to wake up. I needed to tell him the truth. The guilt was killing me. I had gotten maybe ten minutes of sleep last night because I had looked him in the eyes and lied to him. But I just couldn't tell him while he was in that state. He would have driven himself in to the ground if I had.

I mean, sure, the last time I saw myself dying was months ago. Just after Ace and I had taken care of Camille. It was a long time ago and the visions change. But Ace had been in such a panicked state that I would have had to force him to take a sleeping pill just to get him to rest long enough for me to talk sense in to him.

"-i. Aoi!" Ace's voice broke in to my thoughts and dragged me back to reality.

"Huh?" I asked. He looked at me with concern.

"Aoi, did you get any sleep last night? You look like you're sick. Maybe you should rest here for a while." He said. He look like he was rested enough to take on a whole week without sleep.

I smiled weakly at him. A look of fear crossed his eyes and he knelt in front of me.

"You had a vision about your death?" He asked.

"Not recently...." I said. I watched as many different emotions crossed through Ace's eyes. Confusion, realization, hurt, fear, shock. In that order.

"You lied to me." He said. I grabbed his hands.

"Hear me out." I said. He looked at me. I waited for him to fully process it before I continued. He nodded at me, telling me to go on.

"Ace, you were running yourself ragged. You looked like a walking corpse. I was afraid that if I told you, then you would run yourself in to the ground." I grabbed his cheeks and made him look at me again.

"Ace, if I told you the truth last night, there would have been no way you'd sleep for weeks." I said. Ace raised his arms to my wrists.

"Aoi... When?" He asked.

"The visions change. I haven't seen my own death since the vision changed two months ago, just after we fought Chiyori. Ace, I promise you, I'm not dying anytime soon." I said. Ace released a sigh of relief.

"Thank god." He said, his voice cracking. I leaned down and kissed him all over his face.

"I love you." I said. He leaned up and kissed me firmly.

"I love you, too. But, Aoi?" Ace asked.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Don't ever lie to me again." He said.

"I won't." I said. He leaned in again and his lips crashed on mine. I leaned in to the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pulled him closer to me, trying to keep him as close as possible.

I felt his lips part and his tongue slide across my lower lip. I gasped and he took the chance to slip his tongue in to my mouth, playing with my own tongue. I fought the urge to moan when I felt his hands on my hips, gently massaging them. I burried my hand in his hair, gripping his soft black locks gently.

His hands moved up to my lower back, him warming his hands with his devil fruit power. I couldn't stop the moan from escaping my throat.

Ace's POV

Aoi moaned as I rubbed her lower back. It was such a soft, innocent sound that left her throat.

I needed to hear more.

I gently pushed her down on to the bed, leaning over her as my tongue explored her mouth. My hands slipped to her thighs and I raised her legs up to my waist.

Aoi was quick to push me off after that. Her face was bright red and she was panting lightly.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm j-just not ready." She said softly. We sat there for a bit, just panting softly. I carefully picked her up and rotated us so she was in my lap. She rested her forehead on mine.

"I'm sorry I lied to you, Ace." She said. I leaned in and kissed her gently.

"I already forgave you. I love you, Aoi. With all my heart." I said. She smiled and pressed a soft kiss on my cheek.

"I love you, too, Ace. With all my heart." She said softly. I pecked her lips quickly, then went in for a longer kiss.

I couldn't help it. I wanted more of her. I wanted her beneath me, fully exposed to me. Seeing her in a state only I could see her in. Holding her a way only I could hold her.

I pulled away before I lost control of myself and out my head on her shoulder.

"Ace? Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said. She kissed my cheek and stood up, much to my disappointment. No longer in my arms and out of my reach, Aoi stretched.

I watched as the muscles in her back strained to match her body's movements.

"Guess we better get to work for the day." She said. She gave me a quick peck on the lips and left the room. I sighed.

"Damn it." I murmured to myself.

"This is dangerous! By just being with her puts her at risk as it is, but now wanting her like this? That level of intimacy could get her killed! Stupid Ace!" I thought. Aoi's voice echoed in my head.

"I love you. And I'm willing to take everything that comes with it." Her voice echoed in my head.

"I don't care... I don't care about the risks. Even if I have to scream it until I lose my voice, I love her. I know it's going to get her in trouble, but she's right. We're pirates. We are always in danger. And Aoi so strong. I'm willing to take the risks." I thought.