Am I Worthy?

Aoi's POV

I was walking, I knew that much. But I couldn't feel the ground. I could feel my legs moving and I could hear foot steps that I knew could only be mine.

"Okay... Where am I? ... HOLY SHIT IM TALKING! Oh, wait, no. My thoughts just echo. I guess that's appropriate if I'm trapped in my own mind." I thought-ranted. I sighed as I continued to walk in for what seemed like hours.

"Helloooo? Is anyone there? Hellooooo? I'm getting bored here!" I called out, actually moving my mouth and surprising my self when my voice came from my throat.

"Who are you? State your name." A powerful female voice that shook my intestines replied. I stopped walking at the answer.

"Me? My name is Aoi. Ocean, Aoi." I said in a very "Bond. James Bond" voice.

"You're true name, Mortal." The voice said. I sighed.

"Well, by legal terms I did change my name to Aoi." I said.

"State your true name or I'll kill you right here and now." The voice snapped. I raised my hands.

"Alright! Sorry! I was just unsure of what you meant. But since you want my birth name, it's..." I huffed, not liking this. "Kirayan. Kirayan Ocean the Second." I said, the name like poison in my mouth.

"Kirayan Ocean the Second. Tell me, why did you eat my fruit? What do you hope to gain of it?" She asked. I realized then that this was the Sea Goddess I was talking to.

"Why? Hm... Well, to get stronger." I answered honestly.

"Why do you wish to become stronger? Do you wish to become the strongest and rule the world or something?" The Sea Goddess asked.

"You're rather sassy, aren't you? I like it." I said.

"Quit stalling and answer truthfully. If you lie I will kill you. And I will know if you lie because I am in you're head." She said.

"Um, may I ask a question about that really quick?" I asked.

"What?" She asked.

"If you can just read my thoughts, why don't you just go through this twisted little mind of mine and get your answers? I mean, that's what I thought you did when determining who is worthy and all. Just a quick check of the thoughts and determine worthy or unworthy then boom. Insta-death." I said.

"That's not how it works! Now quit stalling and answer truthfully. Why do you wish to become stronger? What is your reason?" She asked.

"My reason?... Well, most people would answer "to have power over someone or something" and while admittedly, that would be pretty badass, that's not my reason for wanting to be stronger." I said.

"I want to know why you want to get stronger, not the reasons that are not valid." She said.

"I'm getting to that. This is just one of those scenes when the character has a big long touching speech of why they do what the fuck their doing and then dies more than likely then everyone gets either sad or pissed and writes fanfiction." I said. (A/N: if it hasn't become clear already, I like to break the fourth wall.)

"Please refrain from using your confusing other dimension terminology." The Sea Goddess growled.

"The questions still stand, "why am I doing this? What reason do I do this? What is my reasoning of eatting the fruit? Why do I want to be stronger?" Well, the answer is rather simple. I did this the same reason why a mother puts her self between a gun and her child or husband. The same reason a woman would chase down someone who just kidnapped her child, little brother, little sister or anyone of her family." I said.