Mom & Dad

Aoi's POV

To say that Ace wasn't irritated with me for that, well... Irritated was an understatement. It took me three and a half hours on the dot to convince him to go meet his parents.

"You don't know, Ace. Maybe Roger isn't that bad a person. I mean, your mom loves him, after all. Please?" I said. Ace sighed, seeing my point.

"Fine, I'll meet him. I'll try to get to know him." He gave in. I jumped up and kissed my lover.

"Thank you! Maybe this is why we're in the past anyways! The sooner this is out of the way, the sooner we can go home!" I said happily. I heard Ace chuckle. I looked over at him with curious eyes.

"Anything is worth seeing you this happy and excited." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and kissed his cheek.

"Come on, let's go! And remember-" I started.

"Your name is Ann and my name is Trace. I got it, love." He said. Hand in hand, we walked towards Rouge's home. As we got closer, my heart started to pound louder. I looked over at Ace. There were so many emotions running through his eyes. He was probably afraid right now.

I reached over and grabbed his hand. He looked over at me. I gave him a bright smile.

"Everything is going to be okay, love." I said. He smiled and nodded.

"Don't let go of my hand..." He whispered. I squeazed his hand firmly.

"I've got you." I said.

"This must have been how he felt when I went against Chiyori." I thought.

Finally, we reached the doors of Rouge's house. I drew a deep breath and knocked on the door. The door swung open and I was met with the sparking brown eyes of Rouge.

"Ann!" She said and hugged me. I grunted in suprise.

"H-hello again, Miss Rouge." I said.

"Oh, sweety, you can just call me Rouge! And I take it this is your fiancé?" She asked looking at Ace. I looked over. Ace was dumbstruck.

"Y-yes. This is m-my fiancé, Trace. Honey, this is Miss Rouge, the woman that h-helped me earlier." I said. Ace finally shook himself from his trance.

"It's nice too meet you, Miss Rouge. Thank you for helping my darling." He said. My heart rate picked up and my cheeks heated when he called me his darling. Rouge smiled brightly at him.

"It was no trouble at all! Come in, both of you! I have someone for you to meet!" She said, pulling both of us in before shutting and locking the door firmly. Ace pulled my closer to him. My heart was pounding in my chest.

"Roger, come here please! I have someone for you to meet!" Rouge called.

"Coming, my love!" I heard the deep voice call. I listened as I heard the foot steps of the legendary man come closer. At this point, my heart was pounding so hard I was sure it was going to break one of my ribs.

Then he entered.

I felt Ace freeze as Roger entered the room. I squeazed his hand as both of our breathing became forced and ragged. We both swollowed hard as we stared up at the King of the Pirates.

Roger stared at us with curious dark eyes.

"Holy shit. Shave that wicked mustache and I'm certain I'm staring at a freckle-less Ace. Like holy fuck." I thought. The resemblance between Ace and his birth father was uncanny and almost unnerving.