The Girl Like Me.

Aoi's POV

It had been a few months since Ace announced me as his girlfriend. Since then, I had moved in to Ace's room. We now shared a room.

It was now July. Meaning that I had just reached a full year in the One Piece world.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier.

Yeah, I know that doom was constantly hanging over my head. I once had a vision that Ace was killed directly by Teach. But it changed to me dying in Ace's place by Akainu's hand the next day.

"Happy one year anniversary, Aoi-chan!" A few crew members called. I smiled and waved at them in thanks.

I continued walking to my destination: the deck.

I leaned against the side railing, looking out across the sea. We should be reaching an island soon.

"Hey, babe." Ace said, coming up behind me.

"Hey." I said. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I rested my arms on his and leaned my head against his shoulder.

"One year. One year ago, today, I was on my way back to this ship when I saw a beautiful lady in the ocean and I brought her home with me." He said. I chuckled.

"Bet you never thought that you'd be holding that lady in your arms as your girlfriend one year later." I said. Ace nodded.

"I also never expected that lady to at first be a mute, then I never expected her to have the most beautiful voice in the world. Or the cutest giggle." He said. He nuzzled my shoulder, perposly tickling my neck to get me to giggle.

"I could listen to that all day and never be tired of it." He said. I smiled. I turned in his arms and kissed him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

I felt him smiled in to the kiss and pull me closer. His tongue traced my lip, asking for permission to enter. I opened my mouth and let him explore.

I was relieved to finally be able to kiss him out on deck with out the fear of someone seeing. Now, if someone were to see, it wouldn't matter, let them look.

I love Ace, and I'll die before I let anything take him away from me.

"LAND HOOOOO!" A voice called out and Ace and I broke away from each other in surprise. I smiled up at him.

"So what's on the list for this island?" He asked. I pulled up my shopping list.

"We need to get various medicines and medicinal herbs and ingredients." I said. I heard him softly groan.

"Come on now, Commander, I know it's not your favorite thing to do, but we still gotta do it. We don't want anyone dying of infection or illness, do we?" I asked him. He sighed.

"No." He said. I smiled at him.

"Okay. I'll divide the list up between me and a few of the other doctors so we can get more, quicker." I said. I headed off to the infirmary where the other doctors were.

Pops had promoted me to head doctor on the ship. I was by no means a surgeon, but I was a doctor. Hell, I'd bet even Trafalgar Law himself would want me as his doctor.

It's a good thing I won't meet Luffy until after they get Chopper, otherwise Luffy would probably end up deciding that I would be the doctor on his ship and no one else.

Ace and I got out on the island and found all the medicine we needed. Though it did take all day. We soon headed back home, not even knowing what was waiting for us.

??? Pov

"You're sure of this?" My captain asked me.

"Even just two members of the second division would be enough to help us here." I said.