This Feeling Is...

Aoi's POV

The week was almost up and to say I had absolutely no leads on the rumored devil fruit...

Would be a lie.

The first day had been fruitless (pun not intended) but the second day I found a guy that knew his way around the black market here. He wanted a nip-slip in exchange for information. I gave him a cut on his cheek instead. He got a little feisty at first, but when I threw one dagger and pinned a falling leaf to it's tree and had the second at his throat, he was a little more compliant.

I learned that a man named Eigo was selling the fruit on the back allies and was being held in a wearhouse. Which wearhouse, I had no idea. My guy was out of the loop on that. I was given several people to tail for where the fruit was being stored.

I learned that this fruit was the Water-Water fruit. Or the Mizu Mizu no Mi for those of you that prefer the Japanese term.

And just as I figured, my guy sold me out. The people I was tailing knew I was tailing them. However, after the training I had done with Ace, I was actually just a bit more flexible than I was before and that helped with squeezing in to tight spaces and getting myself on the roofs to follow inconspicuously.

That seemed to do the trick. I had to wait for an hour before one came out of the fake wearhouse and in to the real one.

Once he was out, I made my move.

"Really wish I could play the mission impossible music right now. Don't even have a voice to hum it with." I thought as I slipped down the side of the building. I rolled my eyes at the lock. Using one dagger to pop off the loose door handle the lock was attatched to.

"Good thing I'm going after a devil fruit and nothing else with how badly they treat their wearhouse." I thought. I slipped in to the wearhouse and looked around. There were billions of boxes around. My eye twitched as I looked at all of them.

"It's going to take me a week just to go through half of these." I thought. I walked towards a stack of boxes when something caught my eye. I quickly dove behind the boxes as a man I presumed was Eigo and another person looked at something in a glass case.

"Do you know what this is, Gengo?" The man I presumed was Eigo asked. Gengo looked up at him in terror.

"N-no, Eigo-sama." He said. Poor guy, Eigo must be one crazy son of a bitch. Hopefully he's nothing like Doflamingo. Ugh, just the thought of that name gives me disgust shivers.

I shook my head and listened.

"This is a devil fruit. But not just any devil fruit. This is the Water-Water Devil Fruit. It is said to be the most dangerous of the devil fruits. But not because of the power it grants, because of what must be done to obtain the power." Eigo said.

"Good enough for me." I thought. I threw one dagger. It scratched Eigo's hand and hit the case hard enough to break the glass. It fell to the ground after breaking the glass. I ran straight at it. I grabbed the Water-Water fruit and my dagger and made a dash for the doors. Eigo was right behind me the whole way.

"Gengo, gather everyone! Don't let that bitch escape!" I heard Eigo call back. I continued to run until I found myself at a dead end. I turned and Eigo was right behind me.

"Great going, Aoi. You fell for the classic cliché, run down an ally and get stuck at a dead end. Now he's going to lecture me on how dangerous this little fruit is." I thought, mentally scolding myself.

"You're pretty intent on keeping that little fruit, aren't you, little lady?" Eigo asked. I grinned fiercely at him, showing I wasn't afraid of him.