What's Wrong And What's So Right.

RT_Ninja: so this is actually going to be a lime chapter. The lemon is coming soon... Dear god I hate myself. All the perv-minded people out there know what I'm talking about... Aaaannny ways... Enjoy the chapter.

--

Ace's POV

"Marco!" I called out to my friend and brother. Marco turned to me.

"Oh, Ace! There you are." He said.

"Have you seen Aoi?" I asked, worry in my heart. After she had suddenly walked away after looking at her wanted poster, we all sat there for a moment, then I chased after her. I had no idea where she went.

"Yeah, she was heading to her room. She was crying." He said. I turned towards her room, worry increasing. I felt Marco grab my shoulder.

"What happened, Ace?" He asked. I sighed and told him what happened.

"...Go. She needs you right now." He said. He squeazed my shoulder before letting go. I had to get to Aoi. Now.

I finally reached her room and raised my hand to knock. Before my knuckles could reach the door, I heard the most heartbreaking sound I had ever heard in my life. Aoi wasn't just crying.

She was sobbing.

I shook myself and knocked on the door.

"Aoi? It's me." I said. She didn't respond. I just heard a muffled sob. She was trying to make it seem like she wasn't there.

"Aoi, I'm coming in now." I said and pushed the door open, closing it behind me.

"Aoi?" I called out in to her dark room. I heard a soft, suffocated sob from the other side of the bed. I ran to her side and knelt beside her.

"Aoi. Love, what's wrong?" I asked her. Her entire body shook as she sobbed. I didn't think she could hear me. I sat down and wrapped my arms around her. I tried to pull her in to my lap, but she pushed away.

I adjusted myself back on to my knees and cupped her cheeks with my hands, wiping away a few tears with my thumbs. I leaned in and gently kissed her head, then her cheeks, then her nose.

"Shh. It's okay, Aoi. I'm here. I've got you." I said. Slowly she began to calm down. I carefully gave her a soft kiss on the lips. I pulled her against my chest and let her finish calming down.

"What am I doing, Ace?" Her quiet voice came.

"Hm?" I hummed.

"My entire life, everyone assumed I was just like my father. A criminal, an illegal being that should be locked in a cell. And my entire life, I tried to prove them wrong, but..." She started.

"But?" I asked.

"But they were right." She spat out the words. My blood ran cold.

"What? Aoi, no! They assumed you were a heartless person-" I started.

"They assumed I was a thug like my father. A being with violence running through her veins, and they are right, Ace! I mean, that poster proves it! I'm a crminal running from the law! Every whisper, every time someone said "stay away from her, she's dangerous!" Every time someone would fear me... They were just predicting my life." She said.

I watched her as she turned away from me.

"My whole life.. I've wanted to prove to people that I am good. That I'm not a criminal, that I couldn't hurt anyone! But now... I'm a pirate. They were all right.... Crime does run through my blood..." She said softly, standing and turning away. I stood up.