Christmas!

Aoi's POV

Just as Ace told me, the night was spent with a feast and just everyone goofing off and getting drunk. As I was eighteen, I didn't drink. Yes, I know the laws of America don't apply in this world. It's just what I'm used to.

Ace, however, was drunk off his ass with everyone else. It didn't suprise me, but I still wished for one sober friend.

Thatch was currently passed out drunk. Ace was slowly getting there, too.

As much as I would like to leave this party of drunken fools, I couldn't leave Ace's side because I'd become an Aoi-cicle. Litterally.

"Ace! You and A-hic-Aoi-chan make a cu-hic-te couple!" Blackbeard called. I know that at the moment he was a good guy, but just knowing that he would be the reason Ace would die later made me uneasy at the mention of his name. Seeing him all buddy-buddy with everyone made my gut twist in disgust. He is their brother, yet he will betray them. Betray us.

Ace wrapped an arm around my shoulders and laughed, pulling me from my thoughts.

"You really think so?" He asked. I sighed at his drunken antics. If only he knew what this did to me.

"Yeah! What do -hic- you think, A-hic-Aoi? Think you could e-hic-ever love flame head?" Asked a nameless crew member. Don't look at me like that, the crew is huge! I can't remember everyone's name!

I shrugged.

"Maybe she already does! I think that's why she stole my hat!" Ace said. No, he still hadn't found the hat under his nightstand. He doesn't like checking the floor very much.

I gave him a confused look.

Your hat is still missing? I asked even though I knew he was far too drunk to read.

I zoned out for a bit, then a realization struck me.

It was Christmas. I had been here for five months already. I had been a devil fruit user for a month, but I had been here for almost half a year. I was surprised at the sudden realization. I sat in a shocked silence, unaware of everyone passing out around me, including Ace.

Well, Ace actually passed out on my lap, but I'm not complaining. The only ones still awake were me and Marco.

Marco dropped a blanket on my shoulders, pulling me from my thoughts and back to reality. I looked up at him as I pulled the blanket around me.

Thanks. I said as he sat my by me. Surprisingly to me, he was sober.

"No problem, Aoi." He said. I reached down and stroked Ace's hair.

"You might want to get inside before you start to freeze. Everyone else has." He said. I looked around and noticed that Marco, Ace and I were the only ones still out on deck. Marco to look after me. Me to look after Ace. Ace passed out drunk in my lap, not affected by the cold because of his fire.

I shook my head as I stroked Ace's hair. I didn't mind staying here with him. I felt Marco staring at me as I stroked Ace's hair, cheek and neck and watched the raven haired man sleep peacefully in my lap.

"Aoi... You have feelings for Ace, don't you?" Marco asked. I looked up at him to ask what he meant.

"Have you fallen in love with Ace?" Marco asked. I looked back down at Ace as he slept and really thought about Marco's question.

Have I fallen in love with Ace? Well, I loved him when I came here. As I loved Zoro and Law. But, that was just a fangirl crush. Now?

I already knew that Ace was kind and good hearted even though he believed he didn't deserve any happiness because he's the son of Gol D. Roger. But after five months with him, five months filled with him worrying over me, looking after me, waking up from a nap and finding him either lying next to me or my head in his lap, protective hugs, bright grins and caring looks.