An Old Friend of Aoi's?

Ace's POV

When I was holding her, I decided I needed to tell her about the nightmares. Maybe if I told her the nightmares would stop?

"Aoi?" I said.

"Hm?" She hummed, looking up at me.

"I-" I was cut off by yelling from the other side. Aoi and I ran over, her slipping the teddy in to the small bag she always carried with her.

On deck was a woman with dark blue hair that hung down to her knees. She was beautiful, but for some reason, I found myself afraid of this woman.

"Who are you? How did you get here?" I heard Marco ask her. The woman turned and saw Aoi... Then grinned.

"Aoi-chan!" The woman called. Aoi and I stood in shock.

"Oh, come on now, Aoi-chan, don't tell me the life of a pirate made you forget me after all I've done for you." The woman said. I looked at Aoi.

"How could I possibly forget you, Kaiyo? You saved my life." Aoi said with a smile. The woman with dark blue hair, Kaiyo, threw herself in to Aoi's arms. I then noticed the woman was actually three inches taller than Aoi. I smirked because it made Aoi look even cuter than she already was. Aoi and Kaiyo laughed happily.

The women parted from each other and wiped their eyes, though they were still grinning.

"Aoi-chan, you know this woman?" Teach asked. Aoi nodded.

"Guys, this is my old friend, Kaiyo. Kaiyo-sama, my crew and family, the Whitebeard Pirates!" Aoi said with a bright grin. I tried not to let it show, but I felt very suspicious of this Kaiyo woman.

Aoi was from another dimension. So then that meant that Kaiyo was either from the dimension of Kirayan, or Aoi was lying about who this woman was.

"Aoi, I thought you said you didn't have any friends where you were from?" Marco asked.

"Well, that's because I thought Kaiyo-sama was dead." Aoi said. Everyone stared at the two women.

"It was a huge fight. Aoi-chan got kidnapped by a gang of bandits and they were gonna kill her, so I came to help her, but I got stabbed and thrown in to the ocean." Kaiyo explained.

"How did you survive?" Haruta asked.

"I was wondering the same thing." Aoi said. Kaiyo grinned.

"You're never gonna believe me, but the Sea Goddess herself saved me. She healed me and gave me the power to turn in to water and craft items from water." Kaiyo said.

"That sounds a lot like Aoi-chan's power from the Water-Water devil fruit." Teach said. Kaiyo looked at Aoi with wide eyes.

"You ate the water-water devil fruit?! You were chosen by the Sea Goddess to use that power?!" Kaiyo said. Aoi grinned sheepishly.

"Show me!" Kaiyo requested. Aoi took a step back and summoned her water armor around herself, then formed her water sheild and sword.

"Whoa! So cool! Can you control sea water?" Kaiyo asked.

"Not quite." Aoi said.

"And what about freezing the water, can you do that?" Kaiyo asked. I widened my eyes and looked at Aoi. She could do that?

"I've been working on it, but so far it's only small things, like the tip of my whip." Aoi said. Everyone seemed to relax with how Aoi and Kaiyo just got absorbed in talking.

"Kaiyo." Pops said.

"Eh? Oh, yes?" Kaiyo asked.

"Would you like to join this crew and be my daughter?" Pops asked.