Two Years part 5

Time skip 7 months

Aoi carried Rogue out to the small clearing where Ace was shadow boxing with weights attatched to his wrists and ankles.

"Ace!" Aoi called.

"Dada!" Rogue called out. Ace stopped his muscle training and looked at his little family. He took a step towards them.

"No no! Stay where you are! Rogue wants to show you something!" Aoi said when she was a few feet away. Ace stood still as Aoi knelt down and set Rogue on his feet.

"Get daddy!" Aoi said. Rogue looked at Aoi, then at Ace, then took off to Ace. Ace knelt down and opened his arms. Rogue ran directly in to Ace's arms. Ace stood and tossed his baby in to the air, the child squealing in excitement.

"Oh my goodness! You're growing up so fast!" Ace said as he caught the boy.

"Up!" Rogue said, pointing at the sky. Ace tossed him in the air again, making his laugh and squeal. Aoi giggled as she joined the two.

"Remember, Rogue. We need to remind daddy to keep his hands to himself." Aoi said. Ace looked over at her.

"Because now Rogue is going to be a big brother." Aoi said. Ace smiled and laughed. He kissed Aoi and Rogue.

"So, how much longer do we wait for baby brother or baby sister?" Ace asked.

"Seven months." Aoi said. Ace smiled happily. The family was growing.

That night, after Ace put Rogue to bed, he joined Aoi in bed.

"Aoi... I've been thinking." Ace said.

"Ace, I am not letting you go alone. And no way are we bringing the kids with us. It's too dangerous." Aoi said. Ace wrapped his arms around her waist and gently stroked the spot where his second child grew.

"I'm just scared is all." Ace said. He rested his head on her shoulder.

"And you think I'm not? Ace, I'm terrified. What if something happens like with Thatch again? I could lose you. I could lose them. The thoughts have occurred to me to stay." Aoi said.

"Then why don't you?" Ace asked.

"Because I know better by now." She said. He stared at her.

"Ace, between the pregnancies, I was able to have my visions again. And in those visions it was clear that it's either both of us or neither of us joining Luffy." She said. Ace looked down and sighed.

"You know, I hate it when those visions tell you that you have to put your life on the line." Ace said. Aoi rested her hand in his over his stomach.

"I'd rather it be me alone rather than me being the only one living. I want this world to be a better place for our babies to grow up in. No matter what." She said. Ace pulled get closer.

"I want the same thing." He said softly. She kissed his cheek.

"Go to sleep, you dingus." She said. Ace kissed her softly and blew out the light.

Time skip 7 months.

"AAAAAAAAGGGHH!" Aoi screamed.

"You can do it, Aoi! Almost there!" Ace said.

"Ace... If you get me pregnant again after this... I will fucking kill you!" Aoi screamed. Ace kissed her cheek.

"You can beat the shit out of me all you want." Ace said. Aoi pushed again and baby cries filled the air for the second time.

"It's a Girl!" Makino said happily.

"Rose..." Aoi panted. Makino washed the crying baby girl. Dadan was in the other room watching Rogue and Kai, Makino's son.

Makino wrapped Rose in a towel and handed her to Aoi. Dadan lead Rogue in from the other room. The 1 year old was lifted up by his father.

"Look, Rogue. That's your baby sister, Rose." Ace said. Rogue reached out to his baby sister.

"Careful with her, buddy." Ace said. Rogue gently touched the baby girl. Rose squeaked, but easily went back to sleep.

"Rose." Rogue said. Ace nodded.

"That's your baby sister. You're going to have to take good care of her for mommy and daddy, okay?" Ace asked. Rogue climbed down from Ace's arms and crawled over to Aoi and Rose. Rogue softly kissed his little sister's cheek.

"I wuv you." Rogue said, bringing tears to his mother's eyes.

Time skip 3 months

After she was recovered enough to start training again, Aoi was actually training in the ocean. Like, litterally training inside the ocean. She said it helped make up for the time she missed and gave her better control over sea water.

And it was true. Over 80% of her new attacks were with sea water. And she moved faster in the ocean than she did in land, almost like a mermaid. And she did threaten to break Ace's arm if he made a joke about it.

Ace was currently doing push ups on the shore with a few big rocks on his back.

"83...84...85...86...87...88...89...90..." He grunted. He kept his eyes on the waterline, once Aoi left the ocean meant it was family time.

"96...97...98...99...100...101...102." Ace continued. He had to admit that everytime Aoi jumped in to the sea to train, he was worried he might not see her rise from it again. He knew it was silly. Aoi was basically one with the ocean. If anything, the ocean would protect her rather than kill her.

"113...114...115...116...117...118...119" Ace grunted. Aoi suddenly burst from the water. Ace stopped his push ups and looked at her.

"How soon?" He asked.

"If we're going to meet with Luffy and his crew on time, then we're going to need to leave in a few months." She said as she climbed back on shore. Ace sighed. He looked back in the direction of the house up the mountain.

"You're not ready to leave them." She said. He sighed as he sat back.

"How can I? They're my babies." He said. Aoi sat down next to him.

"They're my babies, too, Ace. I don't want to leave them, but eventually they're going to grow up. And if they're anything like either of us, then they'll want to see the world. And right now, the world is dangerous for our babies. We have to leave to clear a path for them to take in to their own hands." Aoi said. Ace sighed and closed his eyes.

"I want to see my babies grow up." He said. She leaned her head on his shoulder.

"You will, Ace. You will." She said. Ace and Aoi sat in silence for a few minutes.

"When do we leave?" Ace asked softly.

"It's going to take about a month to get to Sabody. We leave in two months if we're proceeding as planned." Aoi said. Ace nodded.

"I'm going to miss them." He said.

"We'll see them again, Ace. I'll make sure of it." Aoi said. Ace kissed his wife and the two headed back to the house to be met with a surprise.