It Starts

Aoi's POV

A couple of weeks later, I was just sitting on deck, lost in thought.

"AOI-CHAAAAAAN!" A voice yelled. I turned my head. A bright grin took my face as I saw who called me.

"THATCH! YOU'RE BACK!" I called as he jumped back up on deck. I hugged my best friend on the crew. He laughed as I hugged him.

"Best welcome home ever!" He laughed, hugging me back.

"Hey, I got something to show you and Ace. Where is he?" Thatch asked.

"Raiding the kitchen as usual. Unfortunately, you're going to have to show me another time. I've got to get back to my duties. Later, Thatch!" I said. He grinned at me.

"See ya later, kid." He said and I went back to the ship's infirmary. Teach was groaning. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, for the love of hell, Teach, I told you an hour ago that you're fine and you're free to go." I said. The annoyingly fat man leapt up and darted out of the infirmary. With a sigh, I went back to my duties. I looked over at the thing I had been waiting for.

It was done. I drew a deep breath and picked the thingy up.

"Moment of truth." I said and looked at it.

Time skip

I rolled over in bed. I just couldn't get to sleep. My mind was racing and I just couldn't relax. Even with Ace cuddling me, I just couldn't stop thinking.

I looked over at Ace. He giggled in his sleep and burried his face in my neck. I smirked and gently stroked his hair away from his face. He looked so handsome. Even in his sleep, he could melt my heart.

I gently kissed his head. Ace snuggled deeper in to my neck. Kissing my neck in his sleep. I leaned back on the pillows and tried to let my husband's warmth relax me to sleep, but to no avail.

I let out a huff of irritation. Apparently, the noise was enough to wake my darling husband from his deep sleep.

"Aoi? Is everything okay?" I heard him ask. I stroked his cheeks silently and sat up.

"Aoi?" He asked, fear in his voice.

"I'm fine, Ace. I just need to get a drink of water. Go back to sleep." I said. Ace sat up with me.

"You stay here and relax, I'll get it for you." He said.

"No. Babe, go back to sleep. I'm okay, I'm just thirsty." I kissed his forehead.

"Go back to sleep. I'll join you in dreamland in a few minutes. Unless you're having nightmares again." I said. He shook his head and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I'm just worried about you. You've been acting strange all day. You haven't been paying attention to anyone. Hell, Marco had to throw his shoe at you to get you to help him mend the sail today." He said, worry filling his beautiful eyes. I gave him a small reassuring smile.

"I'm fine, my love. I've just been thinking about somethings." I said. Ace knelt in front of me, pinning my legs to the bed.

"Aoi, you know you can talk to me about anything. What's wrong, love? I've never seen you like this before." He said. I sighed softly.

"I'm just over thinking somethings I read in my devil fruit book plus a vision I've had recently." I said. He looked me in the eyes.

"Tell me." He said. With a sigh, I told him about the copy fruit.

"That's something." He said. I nodded.

"My most recent vision was about Luffy finding a copy devil fruit of the Water-Water fruit." I said. Ace's eyebrows pulled together.

"Why would there be a copy of your devil fruit, Aoi? You haven't had any close calls." He said.

"... Yet..." I said. He stared at me.

"What concerns me the most is, I haven't even seen what's going to happen to me that could possibly be a close call." I said. Ace grabbed my hands and looked me in the eyes.

"What ever it could possibly be, I will protect you." He said. I smiled and kissed him gently.

"I know you will." I said with a soft smile. He kissed my lips, then my cheek.

"Go back to sleep, Ace. I'm gonna get a drink of water and I'll be right back." I said. Ace kissed me one more time and lied back down. I stood and silently maneuvered my way out of our room.

I sighed as I took a small detour out on deck. I needed air to clear my mind.

"Damn it." I sighed. While I had been only slightly bothered by what I had told Ace, it wasn't the whole truth.

There was something very wrong with me.

And by that, I mean I wasn't having visions anymore. Nothing for the future, nothing from the past. The only thing I could do is check on Luffy.

"What are you up to now, Luffy?" I thought.

I watched as Luffy slept soundly in his hammock, requesting Sanji for meat in his sleep and of course, Sanji responding in his sleep. I looked around to elsewhere and was shocked.

I opened my eyes as my Luffy-check finished.

"Vivi and Mister Nine? So I'm assuming they haven't quite made it to Whiskey Peak yet." I murmured. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. I turned and saw nothing.

"Tch, I need sleep." I sighed and walked to the kitchen to get my glass of water and head back to bed.

I shook my worries from my head as I finished my drink. I was probably worried over nothing. I turned and noticed a pair of feet, indicating someone was asleep on the floor. A pair of feet I recognized. I chuckled quietly as I put away my cup.

"Thatch, if I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times. It's not good for you to sleep on the floor. Bad for your back. Come on, don't tell me your drunk already? Thatch?" I said, walking towards my best friend's feet.

"Hey, Thatch, are you out cold? Must have been a good drink if you can't even hear me." I said. I frowned.

Something was wrong. Thatch normally doesn't drink heavy enough to pass out unless we have a party. Which we didn't. And plus, he's never passed out in the kitchen before.

"Thatch? Are you okay?" I asked as I rounded the corner.

My eyes widened in horror and I felt my knees give out under me.

"How? How did I not see this? How could I have missed all the signs? Why didn't I see this?" My mind rushed a million miles a minute. Then a realization hit me.

The movement I saw out on deck.

It was Teach.

"Aoi?!" I heard Ace's voice as the lights flicked on in the kitchen.

"Aoi, I heard you scream. Are you okay? What happened? Why are you crying? Is everything al-" I heard Ace's voice die in his throat as he saw the scene in front of me.

I didn't realize I had screamed. I didn't realize I was crying.

"Th-Thatch?" Ace's voice shook.

"I-I found him l-like this... Ace... He hasn't m-moved since I g-got here." I cried. Ace wrapped his arms around me.

"Aoi? We heard you screa- oh my god." I heard Marco say.

"Thatch?" I heard Izo. I heard a scream.

"Thatch! Thatch! Wake up! Don't you dare be dead!" I heard Haruta scream. I couldn't pull my eyes away from Thatch's body.

"Who... Who did this to my brother?!" Haruta sobbed. At this point, every division commander was in the kitchen. I never looked up at any of them. My eyes were glued to the stab wounds in Thatch's back. I felt my tears increase as I listened to Haruta sob and felt Ace shake.

"Aoi... Look away." I heard Ace whisper to me, but it sounded like he was talking to me while I was under water. Everything sounded like I was under water.

"It's my fault. I should have known. This is all my fault."