It's Over... It's Finally Over.

Aoi's POV

Chiyori was fast. She dodged every punch, kick and stab I threw at her.

I, however was not as lucky. The sea stone on my wrist was slowing me down. I hissed in pain as one of her knifes sliced my leg. I leapt back, hoping to gain distance.

"Damn it. It would be a lot easier to see how many knives she had left if I could turn in to water and look!" I thought. I watched carefully. I looked at the belt where she had all of her knives.

"She has ten left." I thought. I counted as she threw them at me and I either dodged, deflected or took the hit.

"One... Two, three.... Four.... Five, SIX!... Seven... Eight.... Nine...." I counted off. She held her last knife in her hand, spinning it around her fingers. I knew what to do. I could die, but I could also live if my timing was right. But one misstep and it was all over. Everything I had set out to do down the drain.

"But if I don't try, I may as well be delivering Ace to Akainu in a gift-wrapped package." I thought. I had one shot. And I knew if I didn't take it, then everything I had been working for, everything I cared about, it all would be gone.

"Forgive me, Ace." I whispered. I pulled my dagger out and ran at Chiryori. She prepared her last knife and ran at me, just like I wanted her to. My steps never missed a beat, never faltered. My speed never wavered and my aim was right where I wanted it to be, even if it cost me my life.

"AOI! NO!" I heard Ace scream as Chiyori's knife stabbed in to my gut and my dagger fell from my hand. I coughed and blood splattered out from between my teeth. Chiyori began to laugh.

"Oh, you fool. You've lost." Chiyori laughed. I forced a grin through my pain. Everything had gone according to plan.

"Heh." I forced out a laugh. I grabbed her wrist, holding her knife in me as well as keeping her in place.

"I should say that to you. Goodbye, Chiyori." I said, bringing my hand to the free sea stone cuff and dragging it to her wrist.

"No!" She shrieked. I watched as Chiyori faded from the woman's eyes as the sea stone cuffs canceled out the Rift-Rift fruit's powers and Camille returned.

"Oh, my god! Aoi! No!" Camille sobbed quietly. I grinned.

"Hey, Camille.... Don't worry, I'll be fine ... as soon as I get these cuffs off." I said.

"The key is in my back pocket." Camille said. I forced another grin through my pain.

"Please. Kill me first. I don't want to chance Chiyori coming back. Please. Kill me." She pleaded.

"Okay..." I said. She cried happily.

"Hey... It was... Your idea... To bring me here... Wasn't it?... Like... Me, specifically?" I asked. She nodded.

"I knew it had to be you by Ace-kun's side. When Chiyori first tried to take you back, I stopped her, not the sea goddess. Though, I'm glad she chose you for her fruit." Camille said.

"Thank you..." I said.

"For what?" She asked.

"For bringing me here... I finally... Found a place where... People love me.... For me... Where people actually... Want to know me... Thank you... My friend..." I gasped out. I heard her cry.

"H-hurry. Before it's too late." She cried. I reached back and drew my second dagger.

"Rest in Peace... Rosa Camille." I said. She chuckled.

"Rosa Camille... I like that name." She said.

"Protect him. Don't let him die." She begged me silently.

"I'll protect him with my life.... Goodbye, Camille.... Rest well, my friend." I whispered. I raised the dagger and brought it down on her neck from behind with my remaining strength.

"Thank you..." She whispered. I pulled the knife from her, killing her instantly. We fell from our standing position.

3rd person POV

"AOI! AOI NO!" Ace screamed as they hit the ground. He ran to them and knelt down, touching Aoi's arm with shaking hands.

"Aoi.. Please..." He whispered.

"Ace... In her back pocket... The key... Hurry." Aoi gasped out. Ace scrambled over to Camille's body and tried to search her with eyes blurred by tears. Finally, he found the key and unlocked Aoi's cuff. Aoi tore the knife from her gut.

"Ace... Water... I need... Water..." She forced out. Ace quickly dug through his bag, knowing he had a bottle of water in there. Finally, he grabbed the bottle, removed the cap and raised it to her lips. She took two gulps.

"Pour a little on my wounds." She instructed. Ace did as she told him. He watched in amazement and relief as water turned back in to skin.

"A-Aoi!" Ace cried, hugging her. She hissed in pain.

"Ace... I'm still sore." She said.

"S-sorry... I-I just... Sorry.." He cried. She chuckled and gently stroked his hair. After he calmed down, he wrapped his arms around her and started to lift her from the ground.

"Wait." She said.

"What?" He asked.

"We need to bury her." Aoi said.

"You want to bury the woman that just tried to kill you?" Ace asked.

"They were split personalities from the moment she opened a rift in to the dimension of Kirayan. There was Chiyori, a psychopath looking for a reason to kill, and then there was Camille, a sweet child that just wanted the pain and suffering to stop. Using the rifts was tearing her apart, and that dark side was getting too strong for the innocent side. She begged me to kill her, Ace." Aoi explained.

"So we need to hunt down this Rift-Rift fruit now and make sure no one else can use it?" Ace asked. Aoi shook her head.

"The rift-rift fruit is the one fruit that will not regenerate after its user is killed. Only one person could ever use it. Now that I've killed the user, we'll never have to worry about it again." She said.

"Thank god." He said.

"Come on, Ace, let's give Camille a proper grave." Aoi said. Ace nodded. Since Aoi was still weak, she carved in to a large rock that would be Camille's headstone while Ace dug.

Here Lies Rosa Camille.
She died fighting for her beliefs and the people she loved. May she Rest in Peace.

Aoi had carved in to the rock with her water. After Camille was buried, Ace and Aoi returned for the abandoned town for the night.

Ace made sure to hold her as she slept, so afraid that someone may come in the night to take Aoi away from him. He fell asleep with her in his arms.