Memory Island. Aoi & Aka's Pasts Revealed.

3rd person POV

Aka, Law, Aoi and Ace stepped on the shores of memory island. The four stared at the clouded island.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Aoi asked. Everyone looked at her.

"May as well get this over with, right?" She said. With that, they walked on to the island.

"The treasure is supposed to be in the direct heart of the island where the fog is the thickest." Law said.

"Simple. Just walk forward. We'll get there eventually." Ace said. Aoi looked over at Aka. Aka kept her head down and stayed away from Law. Law would glance in Aka's direction every now and then and his hand would clentch as if he wanted to hold her hand.

They continued on in to the fog. The fog got thicker and thicker the further they walked in to it.

Then, it suddenly cleared.

"Wha-?" Ace said.

"Did we take a wrong turn?" Aoi asked. Suddenly, the sound of a door slamming open made everyone jump and turn. They watched as a drunk man walked through a door. Aoi's eyes widened in realization.

Law started to draw his sword. Aoi put her arm out to stop him.

"Who-" Law started.

"My father." Aoi said weakly. Ace looked ready to fight.

"Kirayan!" Aoi's father yelled. A tall woman with blonde hair walked through Ace to the man.

"What is it, John?" She asked.

"You dirty little slut, you speak to me with respect." John raised a pistol. "Or I'll shoot you where you stand." John and Kirayan began to yell and argue, then the door slammed open again, a skinny, frail looking man entered. John turned and pointed his pistol to the man, but was immediately shot by the man.

"Frederick, what are you doing? Stop! Stop! Sto-" another gunshot rang out and Kirayan dropped to the floor, dead. A small, panicked gasp rang out. The four turned and saw an eight year old with blonde hair and wide, panicked eyes sitting in the corner.

"Oh? Kirayan has a daughter? A pretty one at that. You'll replace your mother just fine, child." Frederick said, removing his shirt. Ace's fists clentched.

"And your training starts now-!" A gunshot rang out and Frederick joined John and Kirayan on the floor, dead. Law, Aka and Ace looked back at the eight year old. Aoi didn't look, she already knew that her friends would see the little girl holding the gun.

"What is this?" Aka asked.

"My memories. My past." Aoi said grimmly. Everyone walked forward and found another Aoi memory. One from her watching One Piece when she was young. She had to be twelve.

"Oh, wow!" The twelve year old Aoi said as Ace appeared on the screen. She cheered when Luffy and Ace began to converse.

"Kirayan Ocean the Second, shut that TV off and finish your cleaning!" A voice yelled. Aoi cringed with her younger self.

"Sorry, Hilda!" Young Aoi called. She reached out to the tv and smiled at Ace's face on screen.

"Wait for me, okay, Ace?" Young Aoi requested as she shut off the tv.

"Always." Ace said, looking at Aoi. Aoi looked away.

The next memory was from high school. 15 year old Aoi was standing over a freshmen.

"Hand it over, punk. All if it. Or you're going out the window like the last one." 15 year old Aoi said, holding out her hand to the freshmen pinned to the ground.