On The Island.

Aoi's POV

Everytime I took a trip down to Texas or California for a small vacation alone back when I was still living in your dimension, reader person, and complained about the cold there, I was always asked "aren't you from Utah? Thought you'd be able to handle a little cold?" Well, truth be told, I always went to Texas and California for vacation to get away from the cold.

I hated, no, despised the cold. So wether Marco had suggested me staying by Ace at all times or not, I would have latched on to the man of fire anyways. Yes, even sleep with him.

WHOA NOW SHIPPERS GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF THE GUTTER! Not sleep with him as in sacrifice the last piece of innocence I have to him, I mean sleep next to him like we did after I woke up from my coma. Only this time he was cuddling me.

A few other guys had protests to that. Which lead me to be hiding behind Pops (yes, I've started calling him that, too) while they all voiced their issues with the situation.

"Why does she sleep in Ace's room? She could just as well sleep with any one of us for warmth!" One protested. I made a sound that will serve as a scoff for now.

"Yeah! We could cuddle her just the same!" Another called out. Ace was out in their line of sight and fire. He cast a glance at me as I peaked out from behind Pop's large arm. I gave him a sympathetic glance.

I always thought I'd like this kind of attention, growing up alone like I did. But, turns out, I want to go back to being invisible.

"BOYS!" Pops said, rattling the men in the room and surprising me and Ace. The men all shut up and listened. I peaked out from around Whitebeard again. Yes, I was a little bit afraid of the sea of the hormone-crazed men.

"Aoi is made completely out of water now. Even if she were to stay with one of you, she's still end up being cold enough to freeze partially. With Ace being made of fire, he is the best one to make sure that your only sister doesn't freeze completely. Which is more important, your hormones or your sister's safety?" He asked. I felt myself blush and I felt my stomach twist at the thought of anyone one of them trying to... Never mind.

I sent Ace another glance. I honestly wished to be in his arms right now. He looked nervous. And very adorable. And hot. As always.

"You're right.." One of the protestors said.

"Now, is there anything you'd like to say to Aoi and Ace?" Pops asked, nudging me out from behind him gently.

"Aoi, we're sorry we scared you and didn't think about how the situation affected you. Ace, we're sorry we were so rude to you." They said. I smiled gently and waved to show them I forgave them.

"Just remember to think about how others feel first next time." Ace said. The protestors all left and I jumped in to Ace's arms. You guessed it, I was cold. Ever since I ate the Water-Water Fruit, temperature has affected me more than a normal person.

Ace held me close, warming me up. I grinned brightly, happy that I had chosen to attach myself to a man so hot he was litterally made of fire.

"Were you really that cold?" Pops asked. I nodded and snuggled against Ace more.

"Soooo waaaarm~" I thought. Ace's chest rumbled as he chucked at me.

"We'll be arriving on the island soon, you two. Go ahead and prepare for it. Aoi, make sure to keep warm." Pops said. I saluted and jumped on Ace's back. Ace chuckled at me again and walked back to his room which I was going to share with him until we left the winter island with me on his back piggy back style.

I happily took the oppritunity to bury my face in Ace's soft, black hair. His hat was off for a very simple reason. He couldn't find it.

"Say, Aoi. You wouldn't know where my hat has disappeared to, now do you?" Ace asked me. With how I was positioned, he couldn't see my smile. We reached his room and I reluctantly got off his back. I pretended to think.

Did you check between the wall and the headboard of your bed? It might have fallen down while we were asleep. I asked. Ace looked behind the headboard as I pulled on my leggings and two pairs of jeans over them. I then slipped on a tank top, my flannel night shirt and my grey sweater with a hood.

I had stolen Ace's hat last night. It was now December 20th and I was going to get Ace a gift wether he wanted me to or not! I had stolen his hat and hid it in my room in the dresser as a distraction so he wouldn't pay attention when I found what I wanted to give him.

"It's no use. I can't find it anywhere." He sighed as he flopped back on the bed. I sat down by him and tugged his hair lightly.

It'll turn up eventually. It couldn't have grown wings and flown away. I said. He frowned at me. I smiled.

It couldn't have gone far. Now let's go adventure the island! I said, bouncing a bit. He smirked at me.

"For an eighteen year old, you sure act like a ten year old." He said, sitting up and smiling down at me. I grinned up at him.

If I'm ten, that makes you eight! I said. He frowned.

"Nuh-uh!" He said.

Yeah-huh!

"Nuh-uh!"

Yeah-Huh!

And so the conversation continued until it was called that we had reached the island.

I jumped up and grabbed Ace, pulling him along to adventure the Island.

It was a long time before I found the perfect thing. I demanded Ace wait outside for me while I went inside to purchase the gift.

It took over an hour to have it specialized like I wanted, but I had it. It was in a small box in the pocket of my sweat shirt.

"What did you buy?" Ace asked. I smiled at him.

Something personal. I said. Ace smiled and wrapped an arm around my waist, making me blush.

After Ace fell asleep that night, I snuck back to my room and grabbed his hat, slipping the box inside the top drawer of my dresser, then quietly slipped back to Ace's room.

He was sound asleep, snoring just as loudly as he did when I left. I slipped his hat under the nightstand by the bed, then cuddled up to him again. I swiftly fell asleep in the arms of the tall, ripped man, happy and warm.