The Water Knight

Aoi's POV

"No." I said.

"Why not?" Kaiyo pouted.

"Because it wasn't the right time. Plus it isn't healthy for someone to be losing that much sleep." I said. Kaiyo huffed in to her bangs.

"You mortals are such odd creatures." She said. I sighed.

"We could say the same about you." I said. Kaiyo smirked at me, a few strands of dark blue hair falling in her face.

"I guess by perspective, you are correct." She said. I rolled my eyes and went back to my books. She seemed to be just a little more cocky and confident today. Maybe it was just me, but she seemed like she knew something.

Suddenly, the whole ship shook.

"What the hell was that?" Kaiyo asked.

"MARINES!" I heard Teach yell. I bolted up from my chair and turned towards the deck.

"Stay in here." I said. Kaiyo cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Do you honestly believe I can't handle a mortal battle?" She asked.

"I know you can, but if you join us in battle and the marines see you, you're going to have a bounty on your head." I said. She thought for a moment.

"I see your point. Go on and fight for your love." She said. I rolled my eyes.

"This isn't that battle." I said and ran out to the deck, summoning my water armor, shield and sword as I got closer.

I ran out on the deck as Marines touched down on the deck.

"Thatch, above you!" I called, throwing my shield at the Marine like I was Pyrrha Nikos from RWBY. The shield bounced off the man's head and then came back to my arm.

"Thanks, Aoi!" Thatch called. I nodded and slashed more marines as they came at me. My eyes darted around, looking for a very specific flame.

"Fire Pillar!" A pillar of fire rose and took out a giant marine that had been coming up behind me. I felt a bare back touch my water armor.

"There you are." I said.

"I didn't expect to see a woman like you in a battle like this." Ace said. I smirked at the code. Ace and I had special codes for public.

I was worried when I couldn't find you. Is what he said.

"I was on my way to a bigger one. Thought this would be a nice warm up, Commander." I said. No need to worry about me. I can handle it, Ace.

He grinned at me over his shoulder as I sent a water spear through a Marine.

"Well, I don't expect you to hold back." Ace said. Better come out of this alive.

"The same to you. I could do this all day!" I said. Same to you. I will make it out. He blasted a marine coming up on me and then looked me in the eye.

"Kick ass, Aoi." He said. I love you, Aoi. I grinned at him.

"Kick some ass, Commander." I said. I love you, too, Ace.

I separated from Ace and darted around, slicing through marines as if they were butter.

The fight wasn't difficult or long. We defeated many marines before the started to retreat. As soon as that happened, I ran all over the place, helping my injured brothers.

"It's just a hairline fracture. Stay off of it for a few weeks." I told Shigeru. The man smiled at me.

"Thank you, Aoi-chan." He said as I finished for the night. I smiled back at the man. After making sure he was in a proper bed for the night, I stood and stretched, then returned to the library where Kaiyo sat.