In the... Past?!

Aoi's POV

I was nervous. The wedding was only a couple of weeks away. I stared down at the notebook that had my vows, the lay out, the cake design, the flower arrangements, everything.

I ran my hand through my hair and sighed. I quickly slammed the notebook shut when I heard Ace stand up from the bed.

"Honey, you need to relax. There's no sense in running yourself ragged. Especially this close." He said. I felt his hands rest on my shoulders.

"I can't help it. I'm so nervous and excited at the sane time. I just want it to be time already! I... I want to be your wife now." I said. I felt Ace's lips on the back of my head.

"You have no idea how that makes me feel." He whispered. He slowly began to massage my shoulders. My eyes fluttered shut and I sighed. Before I realized it, I was asleep.

3rd person POV

Ace chuckled as he realized Aoi had fallen asleep. He carefully maneuvered her in to his arms without waking her up. He lifted her out of her chair and she cuddled up to him instinctively. Ace smiled down at his beautiful fiancé.

Carefully and quietly, Ace carried Aoi to the bed. He laied her on the bed and pulled her jeans from her body. After that was done, he pulled his own shorts off and slid in to bed next to her, cuddling her.

The next day, something odd happened.

Ace and Aoi were talking wedding plans with Marco and Izo, when Aoi fell silent.

Ace looked over at her and noticed her eyes were flashing between white and black and she looked like she was about to pass out.

"Aoi?!" Ace asked in a panic. He turned her head and did the one thing she asked him not to do.

He looked in to her eyes while she was having a vison.

Ace saw darkness, then that darkness burst in to light, then the light was shut off.

Both Ace and Aoi collapsed on deck.

"Ace! Aoi-chan!" Izo called, kneeling next to the two. Marco knelt beside them.

"Some one get the doctors!" Marco yelled.

Aoi's POV

I was dipping in and out of the past and the future. My vision couldn't settle on one. I saw glimpses of Ace, Me and Luffy. I saw glimpses of me fighting Camille/Chiyori. I saw glimpses of Alabasta. I saw glimpses of Ace training me for my devil fruit powers.

I saw glimpses of Marineford.

I felt wood hit my back.

"Ow." I groaned, sitting all the way up and rubbing the back of my head. I looked around.

"Okay.... Where am I?" I asked. I was surrounded by trees. Clearly in a forest of sorts. Maybe a small woods?

"Okay, well, clearly I'm not on the ship. But this doesn't seem to be a vision, considering my voice isn't echoing as I talk." I said. I heard a groan. I looked over by my legs and saw my finacé.

"Ace?" I asked. Ace sat up and looked at me.

"Aoi? Where... Where are we?" He asked. That's when things started to click for me. The way my vision flicked between past and future. The feeling of falling. The feeling in the pit of my gut when I was waking up... I sighed.

"I hope I'm wrong.... But we might be in the past." I said.

"What?! How?!" He asked. I looked at him.

"You looked in to my eyes while I was having a vision, didn't you?" I asked. Slowly, he nodded. I released a frusterated growl.

"God damn it, Ace! I told you the risks of doing that!" I said.

"You didn't tell me we could travel through time!" He said.

"Because it was a slim chance! I didn't even think it could happen! I didn't think it was actually possible!" I said. I sighed and tried to think. I used my water sensory to find a town. Turns out I wasn't very far from one. We weren't deep in the woods.

"You stay here." I said.

"What?! Why?! Where are you going?" Ace asked.

"Until when can figure out where and when the hell we are, we need to cover our tattoos. We could be in a time before we were part of the Whitebeard pirates. Or before we even exist. If we're seen with these tattoos, marines are gonna be all over us. If we get caught and word gets out and Pops doesn't know who we are, we will die. You wait here until I get back with some shirts for the both of us. And another thing, incase we are in a time where we already exist elsewhere, your name is Trace, my name is Ann." I said.

"Got it." Ace said. He sat down and I headed off to town.

The clothing store was fairly easy to find. I grabbed three button down shirts for Ace. One red, one black and one checked like a flannel shirt. As for myself, I got two flannel shirts and one dress shirt.

I rounded the corner to pay for the clothing items, then quickly jumped back.

"No... It... It can't be... We can't actually be that far back.... Can we? But the evidence is right in front of me. Holy shit. What do I do? What am I going to tell Ace? Oh man he is going to flip over this." I thought, swollowing hard.

"Don't you know it's rude to spy on people. If you're going to admire me, at least have the decency to intorduced yourself first." A voice told me. I slowly turned and looked up and swollowed hard again.

"So this is how she really was." I thought. I stared up at the woman standing in front of me. It really was her, no doubt about that.

"So, I can confirm we are about 20-21 years in the past, that's for sure." I thought. Right in front of me, plain as day was possibly the bravest woman in the world.

Portgas D. Rouge.