A Sense of Foreboding

Aoi's POV

"ENEMY PIRATES!" I heard Thatch scream. Ace and I turned. We had been playfully flirting, Ace's way of distracting me from how I was feeling. I had already talked to Pops about this.

Flashback.

"Aoi, you've been acting odd since you and Ace returned from that island. Is everything alright?" Pops asked me. I offered a smile.

"I'm fine, Pops, really." I said. He sighed.

"No, Aoi, You're not. Don't lie to me. What is wrong, Daughter?" He asked. I sighed and looked down, wrapping my arms around myself.

"When... When I was fighting the Rift-Rift devil fruit user, he... Well, I was right about him knowing me and about my past... He reminded me of my past and... It's just been messing with my head." I admitted.

"How so?" He asked. I sighed.

"I just can't help but feel... Useless...." I muttered the last word in hoped he wouldn't hear. I had no such luck.

"Aoi. You are not useless." He said.

"I know, I know. Ace has gone over it with me hundreds of times, but I just can't help but feel it. I mean, I've studied medicine, I've been training for battles, but all I've really done is run off and put myself in unnecessary danger twice." I said. Pops squeezed my shoulder.

"Aoi, you are far from useless. You just need your shining moment to prove it. Don't ever feel like you're inferior. You are just as valuable as all of my sons. Remember that." He said. I smiled up at him.

"I'll do my best." I said.

Flashback end.

This is what I needed. A fight to prove I could fight.

"Small ship. 2nd Division can handle this, Marco." Ace said.

"Alright then, Ace. I leave this to you." Marco said.

"Ready?" Ace asked me. I prepared my water whip.

"Let's do this." I said.

"2ND DIVISION LET'S GO!" Ace yelled. The men of the second division cheered and launched towards the ship. My leap wasn't strong enough to get me all the way across, so I used my water whip to get me across.

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! CALL THE CAPTAIN!" One of the men yelled when my whip met the mast. The captain ran on deck as I touched down.

"You make the call, Aoi-chan." Teach said to me, considering Ace was still watching us from the deck of the Moby Dick. The captain approached me with a perverted grin on his face.

"So, you lead this small group, eh?" He asked. Clearly this perv didn't have very keen observation skills. If he just turned his head 82 degrees to the right, he'd see the Moby Dick and realize who we were.

"So how about we make a deal, pretty lady? We give each other a bit of "hidden treasure" and call it a day? Hm? But be warned, many women have fallen to the charm of Captain Kingo." He said, winking at me and grabbing my chin. I glared at perverted captain.

"I'm assuming you are captain Kingo?" I asked. The man laughed.

"That's right, darling, so what do you say? Wanna take a ride? Just leader on leader action?" He asked. I turned my head to side.

"Shigeru?" I asked. One of the smaller men of the second division, Shigeru, stepped forward. Shigeru was like a brave Usopp. He knew a lot about other pirate crews.