A Burning Question.

3rd person POV

"Are you sure, though?" Marco asked.

"I'm as sure as Aoi is the Water Knight!" Ace said.

"What if it changes the future?" Marco asked.

"If this decision doesn't change it, then another will. I won't let this stop me!" Ace said and headed out on to the island they were currently docked at, searching for his girlfriend.

"Aoi!" He called when he finally found her staring through a window at a shop.

"Hm? What is it, Ace?" Aoi asked.

"There's something I've been meaning to ask you, and, well, after thinking about it for a really long time, I'm 110% sure about this!" Ace said.

Aoi's POV

"Oh god... Is he abou to do what I think he is?!" I thought. Ace grabbed my hands and I felt my heart hammer in my chest.

"Oh, God.. He is! He's going to propose!" I thought as Ace squeezed my hands.

"Aoi... Will you..." He started. I stared at him.

"Tell me when we're going to meet Luffy?" He asked. I was speechless. The urge to bash my boyfriend over the head with the nearest chair or table was strong. Very strong.

"... Aoi?" Ace asked.

"Are you fucking serious?" I asked. He blinked at me.

"Yes." He said. I pulled my hands away.

"That was the burning question you had to ask me?" I asked.

"Aoi, just tell me!" He whined. I growled.

"Ace, I've told you once and I'll tell you again. I'm not telling you when, where, why or how we meet Luffy! It'll mess things up to the point where we don't meet him at all." I said. My childish boyfriend pouted down at me. I put my hands on my hips and glared up at him.

"Ace." I said. He gave me puppy eyes. I flicked his forehead.

"Owie!" He pouted, holding his head. I scowled.

"Ace, you know I'm never going to say, so stop asking. It's starting to get annoying." I said. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He said. I sighed.

"I can't stay mad at you." I said. He gave me his big kid grin. I rolled my eyes and smiled at him softly. He sprung off me and ran around town. I got back to shopping for medical supplies that we were running low on and might not last until the next island.

3rd person POV

"So you chickened out." Marco said.

"No! It wasn't the right place or time! What if a marine walked around the corner right as I was telling her the truth? It would have put her in direct danger! I want to avoid that as much as possible." Ace replied. Marco rolled his eyes.

"Will you just ask her already? The suspence is killing me." Marco said.

"OTP trash." Ace muttered.

"What was that?" Marco asked.

"A sneeze." Ace lied. Marco gave him a suspicious look, but shrugged it off.

"Just ask her already." Marco said.

"Alright! Chill out!" Ace said, then left to find Aoi again.

He found her in their shared bedroom, taking a nap. He sighed and kneeled by the bed, watching her peaceful, sleeping face.

"Such an angel." He thought. He gently stroked her hair away from her face. Her eyebrows twitched and he frowned as she started to wake up. She yawned and sat up.