Miracles

Aoi's POV

My eyes slid open and I sat up.

"Oh, good. You're awake. That's good. We'll be arriving on the island where we intend to bury Whitebeard and Ace. I figured you wouldn't want to miss that." A voice said. I looked over and stared at the man who spoke.

"You're... You're Yasopp." I said. The man grinned at me.

"Oh? You've heard of me?" He asked.

"I've actually me your son." I said Yasopp grinned at me and leaned towards me.

"Yeah? How's he doing?" Yasopp asked.

"He's a compulsive liar that's never missed a shot. He's the only pirate sniper in the seas that uses a sling shot." I said. Yasopp stared at me.

"Really? A sling shot? And he's never missed?" He asked, a wide grin spreading across his lips.

"Yup. He's even faced off against Daddy the Father." I said. Yasopp's grin grew.

"You don't say! Daddy the Father!" Yasopp laughed.

"Tell me what else-"

"Yasopp, that's enough. She's still weak from the war. Not to mention she's probably still grieving for the loss of her father and husband. Don't be bothering her with stories about your son." A voice came. Shanks and Marco entered the room.

"Yes, boss." Yasopp stood up and sent me an apologetic smile.

"We can talk more when you're feeling better." He said and left the room, leaving me with Shanks and Marco.

"How are you feeling, young lady?" Shanks asked me. I swung my legs off the side of the bed.

"I'm... Not so tired. And I'm a little sore." I said.

"Not surprising. You went up against Blackbeard." Shanks said. Memories came flooding back to me. My hand flew to my stomach.

"No worries. The baby is alive and healthy." Shanks told me. I sighed in relief.

"Aoi... Are you alright?" Marco asked.

"I want to see him." I said.

"Aoi-" Marco said.

"Let me see him, Marco! Let me see my husband! Let me see him one last time before I lose him forever!" I cried. I knew Marco was going to refuse.

I felt a rough, yet gentle hand take mine. I looked up and was met with the kind face and eyes of Shanks LeRoux.

"Follow me." He said. I let him lead me to where Ace and Whitebeard's bodies lied.

"We'll wait out here for you until you're ready." Shanks said.

"Thank you." I said softly. I entered the room where my father and my husband lie. I choked back a sob when I saw them. They both looked so peaceful. Almost as if they were sleeping.

Yeah right. Sleeping.

One was sleeping with various wounds from where his devil fruit was ripped from his body. The other was sleeping with a quarter sized hole in his head.

I fell to my knees by Ace. I stared at his beautiful face.

"Oh, God.. Ace... I'm so sorry!" I sobbed. I rested my head on his chest and let myself cry.

Then...

My head shot up in suprise. My heart beat loudly and my hands began to shake. I placed my ear by his mouth and waited.

There! There it was!

I slammed my head on his chest, but my own heart was beating too loudly in my ears for me to hear. I pressed two fingers to Ace's throat and felt more tears fly down my face as I checked his forehead.