Two Years part 4

Thirteen hours of pain, screaming, pushing, crying and one time Ace passing out, the air was filled with the soft cries as a delicate little baby came in to the world.

"It's a boy!" Dadan said. She washed all the blood and things off of the baby, wrapped him in a towel and brought him over to me.

I held my son in my arms carefully. He cried softly. I held him gently and protectively.

"Hi, Rogue. Hi baby." I cried softly. I smiled at my son and stroked his cheek. Slowly, he stopped crying. He squeaked at me, but he just relaxed against my bare chest.

"Ace, come here." I said softly. Dadan nudged him and he fell to his knees beside me. I felt his arm wrap around me and his hand touch my arm.

"Hey, Rogue. Lookie. Daddy's here." I said softly. Rogue squeaked again. Ace gently touched the baby's back.

"Hi, Rogue. Hello son. I'm you're daddy. I.. I love you so much." Ace said softly. Tears slid down his cheeks. He leaned down and kissed his son's head. Rogue squeaked again and let out a small cry.

"Oh!" Ace said, worried.

"Don't worry, Ace. Just let him adjust." I said softly. Ace gently rubbed small circles in to Rogue's back. He rested his cheek against my head.

"He's so precious." Ace said softly. I smiled and leaned against my husband.

"Do you want to hold him?" I asked.

"B-but what if he starts crying? Or if I drop him?!" Ace panicked.

"Ace." I giggled. He looked at me.

"You won't drop him. And if he starts crying, just wait for him to adjust." I said. Ace slowly lifted our baby from my arms and held him close to his chest. Rogue let out a soft cry.

"Shhh. It's okay. Daddy's got you. I won't let you go. I'm not gonna drop you." Ace said, gently rocking Rogue. I smiled as the baby slowly relaxed in his dad's arms. Ace smiled when Rogue opened his eyes.

"Aoi, look! He has my eyes!" Ace said. I smiled.

"He also has your freckles." I said. Ace softly stroked his cheek. Rogue closed his eyes and let Ace lull him to sleep.

"Alright, it's time to let these two rest for a bit. Come on, Ace. Put your son here." Dadan said, motioning to a small crib. Ace frowned.

"Can't I hold him for a little longer? I... I don't want to let him go." Ace said softly. I smiled at his words. He looked down at the little baby sleeping against his chest.

"You can hold him again later, let the little one sleep for now." Dadan said. Ace frowned, but did what he was told and lowered our baby gently in to the crib.

"Can I at least stay here with them?" He asked. Dadan scowled at him.

"No. You go and get some firewood and a boar for breakfast. The sun is already starting to rise. You let your wife and son rest and make sure you provide food for when Aoi wakes." Dadan ordered. With a frown, Ace did as he was told and left the house. I laied back against the sweat soaked pillows and let myself fall asleep.

3rd person POV

Time skip 4 months.

"Haa... Haa... Ba!" Rogue spluttered and giggled as Aoi changed his diaper.

"Someone's getting all grown up!" Aoi said as she tossed out the old diaper.

"Ppptt!" Rouge blew a raspberry. Aoi laughed at him as he chewed on his fingers.

"Oh, come here, baby." She said as she picked him up. He squeaked and cooed. Aoi walked out of the house and watched as Ace pulled up a bunch of firewood.

"Daddy's home!" Aoi cooed to the baby. A shrill sqwak of joy left Rogue. Ace grinned as he set down the wood pile and came over to his wife and son.

"Well, who is this handsome boy with my wife?" Ace said. Rogue clapped his hands. Ace pulled the baby from Aoi's arms and blew a raspberry in to his tummy, making him shriek with laughter. Aoi laughed at the antics of her husband and son.

"Looks like someone is a daddy's boy." Aoi giggled. Ace kissed Aoi.

"How'd training go today?" Aoi asked. Ace grinned sheepishly.

"About that.." Ace turned and showed a small gash on his shoulder. Aoi rolled her eyes.

"I slipped." He said. She sighed.

"Honestly, Ace. You've got to be more careful. I don't think daddy's boy over there would like it too much if you got hurt." Aoi said.

"Ba!" Rogue squeaked and smacked Ace's chin.

"You tell him, Rogue!" Aoi said as she healed the cut. Ace laughed as his son squaked and squealed at him. Ace kept his eye on Rogue as if the baby were telling a story.

"And then?" Ace asked.

"Ba! Eeh! Ppptt!" Rogue spluttered.

"Really!" Ace reacted, making Rogue giggle. Aoi leaned against her boys.

"I always knew you'd be a good dad." She said. Ace kissed her head, then kissed Rogue. The baby laughed and put a drooling kiss on Ace's cheek.

"Aaawww!" Aoi cooed. Ace smiled and pulled Aoi in to his arms and hugged his little family.

"I love you." He said.