That Looks Good.

Aoi's POV

I smiled to myself. So I have two years to get strong enough to save Ace from Akainu. Maybe I could find a devil fruit? Here's hoping, I guess.

Oh, also, Ace had given me back my clean flannel shirt just in time for us to dock on the next island. And as promised, Ace took me shopping for new clothes. He ended up carrying me bridal style since I didn't have any shoes and letting him carry my piggy back style would flash my underwear to everyone.

Our first buy was getting me sandals. I found a shop where the clothes were suited to my style and weren't so expensive. I wasn't going to rob Ace blind here. I'm not his girlfriend.

I got 3 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of brown shorts and 3 pairs of black shorts. I got 4 black tank tops, 1 orange tank top, 2 red tank tops and 1 green tank top. All tank tops showed my mid section. I didn't mind though. Back in the real world, I never would have gone out in something like that. But I was living the life of a pirate. Time to adjust.

Ace reminded me that I would need winter clothes for when we were in the winter islands. I found a grey sweater with a hood and black leggings I could wear under my jeans for extra warmth. Finally, I found what was possibly the most important piece of clothing and the best way to make the Fire Fist very uncomfortable. Underwear. I made sure to grab plenty of those. I could care less about color of it.

"Don't you wanna get a dress or skirt?" Ace asked me. I scowled. I despised dresses. The closest thing I would wear to a dress was the long flannel shirt I currently wore. Ace chuckled at my scowl.

"Come on, just one. For special occasions." He said. I wished I hadn't left my notepad and pencil on the ship so I could tell Ace fuck no. Ace merely laughed at my deepening scowl.

"Come on, Aoi-chan." He said. I gave him a look.

Okay, but you have to do something for me. I mouthed. He smirked, seeming to understand.

"And what would that be?" He asked. I thought for a moment, then smirked.

Oh, just wait. You'll see. I mouthed to him. Ace almost seemed afraid of me in that moment.

Time skip

After three hours of me looking at and trying on dresses, I think Ace got why I didn't like the things. As I tried on the sixth one that had caught my eye, I could hear his stomach grumbling loudly. My stomach growled immediately after, just as loudly, almost like my stomach was trying to communicate with Ace's.

Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of this long ass time either, but this was Ace's punishment for making me go under this non-desireable task.

I looked down at the dress and frowned. I despised the thing. But, since Ace was insistent on me getting one, I may as well ask his opinion.

I opened the door of the dressing room and stepped out so Ace could see me. This dress was very unpleasant to the eyes as well as my form. But I wanted to make Ace suffer.

"Aoi, I won't- whoa." Ace started then looked at me. His eyes went wide when he saw me.

"That looks good on you." He said. I frowned and shook my head in disagreement. I was wearing a neon pink ball gown. It was hideous. I shook my head and walked back in to the dressing room. I heard Ace sigh as I did so. How he was reacting made me find this worth it, knowing he was experiencing as much pain as me. I finally pulled on the seventh and final dress. It was a sapphire blue dress. It wasn't as fluffy as a ball gown. It was a simple blue dress. (A/N: dress pictured above.) I sighed and stepped out of the dressing room again.