Chapter 10: Ashley's POV

I am still in a state of shock and confusion. Did he mean to kiss me or is he just too drunk to know better? Either way, he won't object if I make another move, so I take a step closer to him and wrap my arm around his waist, pulling him into my hips.

I want to pinch myself just to check this isn't a dream; it honestly feels surreal to me. In fact, just thinking about this whole situation makes me breathe a sigh of content.

Out of the corner of my eye I see him looking down at me and I wonder what he's thinking: that's also something I love about Andy - I've spent years being best friends with him and I still can't tell what goes on in his mind most of the time.

When we get back to the hotel, I walk to Andy's room with him, and stand on my tiptoes while hugging him. He kisses me on the forehead and I look up to him, smirking.

"Goodnight Prophet."

"Night, Deviant."

As I walk back to my room, I have to clench my fists so I don't turn around to get one last glimpse of him, and I have to tense my jaw to stop myself from adding "I love you" on the end.

My door opens and closes with a click and I throw myself onto my bed, lying there in satisfaction. I feel lighter than air, and this elation carries me off into a peaceful sleep, full of dreams about Andy.