Chapter 42: Ashley's POV

"Well, I've fallen in love."

"Oh really? Tell. Me. Everything." His face is bright with excitement.

"Okay, so I've known him for a long time -"

"Him?" Andy interrupts. "Oh yeah, you're bi. I'm so sorry! This'll take me a while to get used to." His apologetic nature melts me inside.

"Anyway, I've been letting all this stuff about whether he likes me or not get me down over the last week; so I decided to finally let him know."

"Oh? And how are you going to do that?"

My heart beats double-time, pumping adrenaline round my body. I hear its encouraging rhythm, and feel it pulsing in my fingertips.

"Well, I was planning on a super-romantic dinner," I say, my sarcasm winning a smile from him, "But I guess... An alleyway at midnight will have to do?"

His eyebrows shoot almost up to his hairline, lips parted in surprise.

"Do you mean...?"

"Andy Biersack. I've loved you ever since I met you - as a brother. But now, I want to be something more than that." I know it's pointless telling him all this: there's already tears forming in my eyes, anticipating rejection.

"And I know we could never be together... Ugh, this is stupid. All I wanted you to know, is that I've fallen for you. Hard." I let out a bitter, regretful laugh, harsh in the unforgiving silence. 

"But I guess... You always want the one that you can't have, right?" My voice falters slightly; I turn, starting to walk away so he can't see the emotion on my face.

"Not always." He says, and I feel his smooth, cool hand grab my wrist. He spins me around by pulling my arm back towards him.

"Wha-?"

My head still reeling and confused, I feel my lips connect with his. This is like the other kisses, but ten times better.

He. Likes. Me. Back!

Sparks exchange from my mouth to his, and back again. Our bodies have never been this close - it's exhilarating.

My hands find their way to the back of his head, pulling it closer to me; the kiss gets more intense.

I open my eyes, only to see those perfect icy ones returning the favour. I smile against his lips, I can't help it: I'm ecstatic.

This is one moment I will always remember: the one when Andy Biersack became mine.

Eventually we have to break the kiss, and I rest against his chest. As we catch our breath, I feel his heart beating as fast as mine.

Away from the world, with Andy, and we feel the same about each other - I want it to stay like this forever.

Our arms wrap around each other's torsos, almost instinctively: as if it's meant to be like this.

I sigh deeply, feeling his chest rise and fall under my protection. The inky sky conceals us from everything else.