Chapter 25: Andy's POV

I feel my scalp throbbing against the solid ice that I'm holding to my head as I watch the TV. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Ashley looking my way.

Smiling slightly, I see how long he's going to do it for. When he doesn't look away, curiosity gets the better of me. I turn my head and instantly my eyes lock with his.

Crap! What do I do now? I'll just pretend that he's weirded me out: he sort of has.

Taking the ice pack off me - it's starting to melt - he asks if I'm okay.

"Well... On a scale of 1 to broken-three-ribs, I'd say I'm at least a 4.2" I'm glad when he laughs at this.

"Um, Andy, we need to get you another band-aid, I think." He murmurs thoughtfully.

My head spinning, I stand up: this makes me even more dizzy. Trying not to fall over, I go out into the hallway where Ash went.

I drowsily remove the bandage on my head and hide it beneath some paper in the bin. While I'm distracted, Ashley applies a fresh one; it really hurts but I know he's being as gentle as possible so I don't say anything.

"Thanks for that." I spin so that I can say it to his face - he doesn't reply. I ask him if I'll be okay, and he answers by pressing the back of my neck, just under my head.

"Does that hurt?"

"Not at all." I state.

"Well in that case, I think you'll be good to go. Just, please don't jump into a concrete wall again!" I remember that - my ribs hurt, but my hair was fabulous.

"I'm not promising anything," I say with a smile. He says something in response, but I'm too engrossed in his captivating smile that I don't hear.

Standing up, he offers his hand to me. I take it, and he lifts me up with ease: he's so strong. Leaning around the doorframe, I take a seat on the sofa, and I see Ashley follow suit.

The end credits of the cartoon roll onto the screen as the bus stops once again and we follow our band's crew into the new venue.

A/N FINALLY another update, I'm really sorry, I got four pieces of homework in the first three days of school RIP. So hopefully I don't get as much as that and I'll be able to write more often! ^-^