Chapter 60: Ashley's POV

The next day, I return to Jake's place for another guitar lesson - or rather, I try to. Andy stops me on the way out of the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks suspiciously, crossing his arms.

"Jake's apartment...?"

"Why?" Andy purses his lips, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm helping him out with... A song he's writing."

"Oh great, then I can help!"

"No!" I say, sharply, louder than I'd intended. "No." I compose myself again, trying to stop my sweaty palms from betraying my lie. "It's just for us two."

"Fine. Enjoy your 'song writing'." He says, stepping aside with that familiar fire in his eyes. Wow, way to overreact.

"It's not like that, I swear!" I don't know if I should tell him the truth - no. I need to learn guitar, so then I can play for Andy.

"Then why can't I come?" He demands - his voice wobbles, betraying his emotion.

"You- you just can't, okay?" I press my lips together, afraid I'll spill my secrets otherwise. He can't know. Not yet.

"Point proven. You're such a man-whore!" Andy throws his arms up in desperation. "Have fun!" He says sarcastically, shoving me out of the door. It shuts with a slam

I sigh deeply. I've been called that name many times before, but from Andy... That hurt. A lot.

I need to get away from this all, I need a distraction. I head over to Jake's as planned.

* * *

As we're sitting down on his comfortable sofa, I decide to ask him something.

"Do you think you could teach me Skinny Love on guitar?"

The song - Skinny Love - has a lot of meaning for me. I used to play it when I was feeling down, especially with relationship problems.

Jake's hair swings over his face as he concentrates on learning to play it; I smile as I hear the familiar tune.

He's finished, and is trying to teach me, but it isn't going very well. I make mistake after mistake, stumbling over the simplest things.

"I'm sorry, I can't concentrate today. Thanks for trying to teach me but I don't think it'll work." I say apologetically.

"Well, I can play it for you if you'd like... But you have to sing."

"Aw, come on, you know I don't sing much."

"You never know, there might be a reward if you do."

I sigh deeply. "Fine. Tomorrow."