Chapter 19: Andy's POV

As I perch on the edge of the sofa, silence invites paranoid thoughts. My mind races: is he going to confront me about the kiss? Kiss me again? Tell me it was all some drunken mistake? Reveal he's dating Juliet?

I can't risk it - I like having hope inside - plus the mystery is kind of cool. He draws a breath in to say something.

"I need to go..." I say, gradually standing up.

"Oh, where are you going?" He carries on asking questions while I try and give vague enough answers which still sound genuine.

"Sorry, Ash. Another time, okay? It's just-" I stop my sentence there. I don't want him to know what's going on with me. "See you around."

Finally I can get away. Curious about what Ash will do, I hide in the shadows down a corridor. A few seconds later, he rushes past, barging the door open with his shoulder.

I really want to stop and ask him about his problems, but I know I can't, so I stay hidden until he leaves completely.

Two cans of monster later, I'm back at the room being hyper with CC - we turn the music up super loud and have two-person mosh pit.

"Hey dude I've got an idea!" I shout.

"What's that?" CC yells back.

"Ding dong ditch!"

"Hell yeah!" He immediately runs out of my room.

Ding dong ditch is basically where we take it in turns knocking on a door and running away and the first one to get caught loses. So yeah, I guess you could say that it's CC's sort of game.

I step outside into the hallway and he's nowhere to be seen. He's been gone a while now. What's happened to him?