Chapter 21: Andy's POV

Since CC can't have gone very far, I decide to walk down the corridor, listening at each room's door for his voice.

Outside Ashley's door, I'm intrigued. This is the only place I've heard noise from so far.

He's telling a story to someone, and his voice sounds like he's just been crying. Is he on the phone, perhaps?

No, CC's voice emanates from the room as well. Shit, should I be listening to this? I can't help it.

"Maybe that's because I'm stupid." I catch.

"Oh CC, you're not stupid!" I hear Ashley say, "I don't think I could work up the courage to ask him though." Ask who?

"It's fine, take your time. He's not going anywhere."

"Thanks. I'll think about it. I'm glad you listened to me; I think I needed it." If only I was here a few minutes earlier, I could be in there instead of CC.

"No problem bro, I'm here for you if you ever need to talk things through again."

"Oh, one last thing." Really? That's it? "You won't tell anybody, right? Especially Andy?"

"Chill! You can trust me." After a few seconds, footsteps head towards the door. Fuck! I run down to the other end of the corridor and pretend to be dawdling along it.

Just as I get there, CC emerges from Ashley's room.

"Oh, there you are! I've been looking everywhere!"

"Well I'm here now!" CC laughs nervously; I give him a suspicious look.

"What were you doing in there anyway?"

"Ash needed me to give him a beat so he could practice some stuff on his bass."

"That's strange, cause I didn't hear any music coming from that room when I walked past earlier."

"Oh, well I guess the walls must be pretty soundproof here, then."

"Yeah... Night CC."

"See you!" Waving, he walks in the opposite direction to me.

"Erm, CC?" He turns around. "Your room is this way." I say, motioning behind me.

"Right."

I finally get back to my comforting bed after a long day. What could possibly be so important that Ashley has to be that secretive? Maybe he was talking about the kiss... What if he's fallen in love with someone else? Dammit, I hate my brain sometimes.

It takes me a while to fall asleep, and when I do, it's riddled with confusing messages, hidden in dreams.