Chapter 26: Ashley's POV

When we arrive at the new venue, we immediately go and check it out.

It's an indoor arena with seats in the balconies all around, and a space in front of the raised stage - perfect for moshing!

The ceiling is very decorative: it has intricate designs carved into beautiful smooth, white stone, flowing into each other as if they're water.

In the centre hangs a chandelier, its delicate glass droplets splintering the light and scattering its shards across the ceiling and walls.

I'm fascinated by the pattern it makes: the fact something so deliberate can create such wonderful, random interjections fills me with awe.

I also love the imagery of it, it shows that someone can look transparent and predictable, but shine a light onto them and they splash their colourful individuality on everything surrounding.

Oblivious to CC and Jake's attempts to get my attention, I carry on staring around the decorative venue. I guess I'm starstruck by this place; I walk around the perimeter. Polished and cool to the touch, the marble on the walls really adds to the elegance.

The only point that I surface is when I hear Andy's voice cut through my thoughts - sharp but beautiful, like a diamond.

"So, you guys wanna go back to the hotel?"

"Oh, um, about that..." Our tour manager stutters, "The hotel we were planning to go to is closed for emergency renovations."

"Wait, so that means...?"

"Yep. We're gonna have to find somewhere else to stay."

Sighing and complaining, we climb begrudgingly onto the bus and slump down onto the couch, almost in unison. It's been a long day, and all we want is a comfy hotel bed to lie down on.

All our attempts at small talk dwindle quickly, and then it's just awkward silence.

After just over an hour of staring out of the window, watching all the bright lights rush past, the bus halts and we spill out.