Chapter 38: Ashley's POV

"Truth, man."

"What's the biggest secret you know?"

He lets out a half-stifled giggle.

"Well... There's that one about you having a crush on Andy..." Another mischievous chuckle escapes from his mouth.

"Andy and Ashley, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G" He feels it's necessary to add. Apparently finding his own joke hilarious, he erupts into drunk laughter.

Of course, Jinxx and Jake start asking me if it's true, but I ignore them and exit the attic. Usually drunk CC is the funniest thing, but I just can't deal with him right now.

I get into the room, swing the door closed and sink onto my bed. What I've forgotten is that Andy was already there.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I apologise.

"Don't worry about it."

There's a length of awkward silence, and all we can hear is muffled voices from above: CC's probably goofing around, because I can hear Jinxx's signature dorky laugh cutting through the others'.

"Sounds like it's getting pretty intense up there." He says, after a deep breath.

"Tell me about it." I reply, rolling my eyes.

"They're like those uncles that seem innocent, but when they get drunk they're like an inappropriate situation generator!" I laugh at his cute, yet somewhat lame, joke.

"Why'd you come back down, anyway?" He inquires.

"Pretty much the same reason as you: they were being dicks."

"Aw, I'm sorry." He looks into my eyes with genuine concern: no one's done that for a while, it's refreshing.

"Not your fault." I say, shrugging while looking down at my shoes, which are shuffling nervously.

Andy follows my line of sight.

"Hey, don't be so anxious. Nothing's going to happen." He puts a reassuring hand on my thigh, sending tingles through my body.

"It's just... I'm just thinking."

"Think all you want, sometimes it's good to let loose though." There's a brief pause where he lets the meaning sink in. Then I see a spark of inspiration, like a bolt of lightning, through his eyes. "I just remembered, Ronnie invited me to a party tonight. You wanna come with?"

"Sure, but do you think we can leave those three up in the attic on their own?"

"What's the worst that can happen? They go to Narnia through that wardrobe? I don't think so." I smile and shake my head in mock despair. "Come on!" He whines, standing up and grabbing my arm, dragging me off the bed.

A/N I finally updated yayy! I should be updating more often when I get home (Sunday)