Chapter 27: Andy's POV

As I wander in to the concert hall, I'm instantly awestruck by its beauty. So, it seems, is Ashley: he's staring, breathtaken, at the chandelier which is suspended above us.

Jake and CC try to snap him out of it, but I think he's fine - I love it when he obsesses over the smallest things.

But it is getting quite awkward now; we're just waiting for Ash to take it all in. I suggest that we go and find the hotel, but our tour manager has other plans.

"Oh, um, about that... The hotel we were planning to go to is closed for emergency renovations."

"Wait, so that means...?" I frown.

"Yep. We're gonna have to find somewhere else to stay."

"Ugh, fine." I roll my eyes, traipsing after the rest of the band to sit, slouched, on the sofa.

The bus is quiet, but I can't be bothered to make conversation anyway. I pass the time by using app after app on my phone, until we finally step off.

The bright lights contrast with inky blackness, making me squint slightly. A run-down hotel stands in front of us; I can't read the sign. As no one seems to be making any moves, I decide to go inside.

My breaths form white mist in the cold, damp air - through the silence of the night, leather boots cause my footsteps to ring off the sidewalk, as I step up to the rather eerie door. I raise my hand to the handle.