Chapter 58: Ashley's POV

"Crap." Jake mutters, picking a CD up off the dusty floor.

"What?" I ask - he jumps at my sudden voice in the otherwise empty backstage area. Guiltily, he holds up the CD in reply: on it is neat cursive, saying 'CC drums'. There's a huge crack down one side of it, rendering anything on it useless.

"Crap." I agree.

"Well what do we do now?" Jake runs an exasperated hand through his hair.

"Get a replacement drummer, I guess... Unless we can find a spare recording."

"What, by tonight?" Jake frowns at me. I wince.

"Maybe not."

This sucks. All that hard work we've put in, and the fans as well - they're expecting a show tonight, and we can't just take that away from them. But now I guess there's nothing to do.

"You know... We might have to postpone the tour after all."

"Yeah," Jake sighs, "I kinda thought you'd say that... I'll need to tell Jon in a bit. At least we get a break though!"

I grin: he's trying to find the good side of things, just like usual. "Well, actually, I was meaning to ask you something."

"Go on?" He raises his eyebrows, smiling slightly. I laugh; half out of nerves.

"Okay, so I want to do something super cute for Andy, and of course the first thing I thought of was to play him a song." Stopping to take a breath, I continue my ramble. "Then I was like 'oh yeah, I'm in a band' so for a while I've been meaning to ask you if you'll teach me guitar? Nothing complicated, just, you know, enough?"

The silence lingers, but Jake's smiling. "I'd love to." And with that he brings out his phone to text Jon.