Chapter 30: Ashley's POV

Stepping through the door frame, I see John and Andy sat on a sagging bed each; Jinxx is hovering awkwardly.

"Turns out there's not enough beds." John informs me.

"I guess... Uh, some of us will have to share?" Andy suggests. We all nod to agree with him.

"Well, John definitely can't share," I say, giggling. Embarrassed, he blushes slightly: he has night terrors, which means he would disturb anyone sharing a bed with him.

"Ashley and Jinxx, you wanna share?" John says, nodding at each of us in turn.

"Well... No offence, but I don't really want to. I have a thing about sharing beds... I don't even know." Jinxx says apologetically.

"So I guess that leaves... Me and Ashley?" asks Andy, looking up at me through his raven-black hair. I can't help but get the feeling he's somewhat eager. No, of course not. Don't get your hopes up, Ashley.

"I guess... But someone else will have to share too."

"I'll sort that, don't worry." John chips in.

So he heads out of the room to organise everything, along with Jinxx, who adventures off to who knows where.

Which leaves me and Andy in the room. Not talking much, we put our stuff in the few cupboards which aren't rotting or unstable.

At which point, Jinxx bursts through the door, eyes wide; an expression of glee on his face.

"Hey guys, I found an attic!" He exclaims. "Follow me!"

He runs up flimsy-looking wooden stairs, two at a time, and we follow in quick pursuit.

At the top of the stairs is an old door, made of dark wood which is rotting away in the corners, and a rusty lock on the handle.

Of course, Jinxx picked the lock and had to go inside, so we enter after him.