Darkness x Shadow 4

I felt bad seeing Shadow just look so sad and unhappy. I knew why because it was the worst day of the year for him it was Maria's birthday. I could never figure out to cheer up the black hedgehog on this day and maybe i'll never will. But i got something that may break the cycle especially cause i don't like to see him so sad it breaks my heart. 'Omg i'm going soft but for a good cause' I squeeze the doll and begin to make my way towards the grieving hedgehog. "Hey Shadow." He just looks up at me and back down at the ground. "What do you want?" I felt anger behind the voice i knew better than to bother him on this day but i just want to help out. "I um just wanted to give you something." He looks up slightly glaring. "What is it?" I take a deep breath and take the doll from around my back. I slowly give it to his waiting hand. Shadow looks down and I can hear a low gasp. I made him a doll that looks like Maria. Just so shes never forgotten. I see tears swell up in his eyes. I begin to freak out. 'Omg i made him cry, are those good tears or bad tears.' I was too busy trying to make sense of the situation that I didn't see him get up and just stand in front of. I gasp slightly seeing ruby eyes staring at me. He just smiles softly and hugs me. I couldn't do anything but hug back. I felt tears roll down my shoulders. "I miss her so much." He says softly. "I wish i could've saved maybe if i done something else she would still be here." He says as more tears flow out. I was just in shock. Yeah i've seen him sad before but not in years. I didn't even know he knew how to cry. It just breaks my heart more with every word and tear that comes out of him. I rub his back. "Shh Shadow there was no way you knew it was going to happen so you couldn't prepare. It's not your fault and you can't blame yourself. Please don't i hate seeing you like this i really do." I hear a deep sigh as he releases himself from our hug and wipes his tears. "You're right. I just really miss her." "I know you do and you have every right to." Shadow sits back down and sit next to him. I lay my head on his shoulder while he tells me all the stories of him and Maria all night long.