13. "Are you mental?"

I pulled the towel from the rack and wrapped it around my body, shivering as the cool air hit my body. I wasn't used to winter being in June at all, it would take a while to adjust my English ways. Sierra stumbled through the bathroom door and ran to the toilet, vomit pouring from her mouth. Lovely. "ugh, what happened to me last night Lala? She moaned. Lala was her nickname for me, it was annoying, but cute. No one had ever given me a nickname before. "I have no idea Chigs" I replied, her surname was Chigsworth and I couldn't remember her first name to start with. I felt terrible for not looking after her last night but I was having far too much fun, I'd decided not to tell Sierra about it after remembering who Beau was.

She continued to vomit and I passed her the water from my bedside table hoping it would make her feel better. She thanked me and crawled back into bed, hiding her whole body and head under the covers. "Where did you go last night? I hardly saw you." she questioned me, her voice was deep and crackly, she'd obviously made the most of her night. I didn't want to tell her the truth, so I just blamed the alcohol for her memory loss and she laughed. "last night was wild" she continued. She popped her head out from under the covers and asked if I minded her sleeping for a while.

I didn't mind at all, maybe a trip to the gym was a good idea, to get away from her awkward questions, my own questions floating around my head and to sooth the aching. "No problem, my mum is at work and this is practically your second home anyway" I hit her playfully with my pillow and she groaned pulling it over her head. "Are you gong to sleep with me?" she grumbled from under the layers of material and feathers. I couldn't cope with looking after a hungover mess, and shook my head, forgetting that she couldn't see me. "I was actually thinking of hitting the gym, where's the nearest one?" I asked her. She shot up from the bed, sat next to me clenching the pillow in disbelief. "Are you mental?" she said, her eyes wide and eyebrows wonky. I just laughed at her and asked her again.

"Find your way to the bakery, turn left down the next street and it's about half way down" she said, still staring at me "and on your way back, pick me up a cheese panini and a vanilla latte". I changed into my yoga pants, a tight lilac v-neck and some running shoes, I hadn't been to the gym since moving to Melbourne and hoped I still had the motivation. I left Sierra hurried into my bed, gave her a kiss on the head and closed my bedroom door behind me. My house wasn't very big, nice and homely. My mum had been an interior decorator in her younger years, before training to be a nurse and had managed to create a different atmosphere in every room throughout the house. My bedroom was my personal favourite, obviously, it was delicate and had vintage French furniture throughout.

I grabbed a fresh bottle of water from the fridge and made my way on the surprisingly short journey to the gym. On the way I saw a few children playing in the street but most people in Glenroy went to church on Sunday mornings, hopefully this meant the gym would be quiet and I'd have time to think by myself. I regretted not bringing a jacket out with me, the air was bitter and my tight ponytail whipping my back stung as I jogged down towards the bakery. I stopped at the bakery to pick up a coffee, the pastries and fresh dough smelt incredible, but I wasn't in any state to stomach any food, I'd just have to grab something on the way home.

____________________________________________

Please vote and Comment so I know people are reading. x