50. "SHOTS!"

The cold sand caressed my toes, it was relaxing and i sat on a log just taking in the gorgeous views around me. The sun was setting on the horizon, the beautiful pink, orange and yellow sky reflected on the peaceful water and made everything light up for the last ten minutes of the day. Jai and Beau were acting really secretive again, sloped up against a rock away from everyone else, James and Sierra had just arrived, to which Luke and Skip ran over to greet them and then the four of them walked over to me. I was unaware that I was staring directly into the sun and when Sierra called my name, all I could see was a huge pink blob. When my eyes finally focused she was standing beside me, her long red hair tied up in a bow on top of her head, revealing her dark, mysterious eyes and tanned face. She was wearing stone washed cut off shorts and Luke's Penola hoodie.

"Hey you!" I laughed as she sat down beside me and nudged my shoulder, I hadn't seen her in a few days and honestly, I had missed her. "Sup sexy!" she said in a husky voice, mimicking Skip by making 'the move' over my shoulder. Her hand rested on my other should and we burst out laughing as Skip sulked in the corner. I pulled the bottle of vodka from my bag, "shots?" I questioned looking around, "SHOTS!" Beau yelled running over and snatching the vodka from my hands. We each took five swigs from the bottle and before we knew it the bottle was empty, "should have bought a bigger bottle Lala!" Sierra hiccuped and I couldn't help but laugh at her again, "there's plenty more!" Luke screamed pulling various different bottles from his bag. More people started arriving and soon everyone had gathered on the logs around the fire.

I walked alone over to the cooler to get myself a drink and Beau snaked his arms around my waist, the cooler was hidden behind the rock in case any police came sniffing around and was out of the view of anyone else. "Isla, Isla, Isla, I want you Isla!" he pleaded with me in my ear, "Fuck me Isla, fuck me good?" I'd be lying if I said it wasn't turning me on slightly. I turned around with my bottle and Beau crashed his lips against mine, pushing me up against the rock. "Beau! Get off, what are you doing?!" I struggled free and looked at him disappointed. He smiled and repeated the same as he always did "I know you want me, it's only a matter of time." before skulking back off to the bonfire. I waited a few seconds and followed him, downing the bottle of alcohol in less than ten seconds.

I recognised most of the people here now, and I'd met them at least once, but there were still a few I didn't know at all, more people walked into the circle and I noticed Benji hugging Skip. I walked over to them confidently, "Hey Isla! You okay?" Benji asked and gave me a small hug, he smelt like cigarettes and aftershave, it was surprisingly pleasant. "I'm just glad to see another friendly face!" I laughed and the three of us talked about life in general. Skip had is arm protectively wrapped around my waist and every now and then he planted a sweet kiss on my nose, cheek or forehead. Suddenly our conversation was interrupted by a very drunk Max attempting to introduce Luke and Jai with their guitars. This was my cue.

Jay strummed gently on his guitar, whilst Luke plucked his strings and slapped the side of the guitar to provide a beat, James came over and tore me away from Skip's arms shoving me in between Luke and Jai. I looked around the fire, at least thirty pairs of eyes stared back at me and I suddenly felt really uneasy. Skip gave me an encouraging smile, I ignored all human contact and stared directly into the fire so I wouldn't be put off.

I am a poor, Wayfaring stranger,

Travelling through, this world alone.

There's no sickness, toil or danger,

In the bright light, to which I go.

Annnd I'm going there, to see my mother,

I'm going there, no more to roam,

I'm only going over Jordan,

I'm only going, over home now.

I paced myself through the song, trying to keep my breathing steady and my eyes locked onto the burning flames, soon the whole beach erupted in echoes of the group clapping. I smiled to myself as Jai and Luke congratulated me, I thanked them and ran over to an extremely proud Sierra. A few people patted me on the back, complimenting my voice and Sierra squealed "girl! That was amazing!" I noticed Skip wasn't sat with Benji anymore and scanned the beach looking for him, he was standing topless by the steps leading down to the beach with a girl. She was fairly short, slim and had ash blonde hair, she giggled and rubbed herself across Skip's muscular arms.

Jai approached me and looked in the same direction, he'd been acting peculiar all night, and I had a feeling I was about to find out why. "That's Maddison, Skip's ex." he muttered under his breath, he sounded nervous and I knew he was hiding something. "Jai what are you hiding?" I questioned him and he looked to the floor, "JAI!" he looked into my eyes and sighed. I was waiting for an explanation from him for what felt like hours, although it was only a few seconds. "He's been sleeping with her again Isla, he told me." Jai's words pierced through my body like a thousands knives and I watched as Skip wrapped his arms around her. I felt sick. Skip and Maddison were walking away from us and something inside of me snapped.