39. "Baby, everything is going to be okay."

Skip's POV -

I found it hard to open my eyes, my head was in absolute agony and my whole face ached. That's when last nights events flooded back in my memory, I'd fought with Beau, my best friend and for what? A girl. Beau and I had promised we'd never let a girl come between us, but Isla had. Beau initiated the fight though, he was the one that let it get to him, not me. Yes, I wanted Isla more than anything, but I'd never have done what he did, or what she had done. Finally after a few minutes of racking my brains for a simple explanation, nothing seemed valid and I prised my eyes open. My room was bright, the sound of rain echoed throughout and Isla was nowhere to be seen. I managed to sit up, pain soaring through my body and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

My eyes were black, my lip was swollen and my cheeks were bruised, I looked terrible. I'd only hit Beau a few times, and even though I resented him at this moment, I hoped he didn't look half as bad as I did. I felt sorry for him, he'd never gotten like that about a girl before, normally he shrugged it off when they left him, maybe because that was what he usually did to girls. Then again, the things he said about Isla last night were disgusting, if he really cared about her, he wouldn't have said them, he was clearly trying to get me fired up, and it worked. I threw my body up, out of bed and pulled on a pair of shorts and a white basketball jersey, for some reason, my red one wasn't here.

I stumbled into the hallway, I was serious need of some paracetamol, but maybe after last night, that wasn't such a good idea. I can't believe I'd got to that point again, I vowed I'd never touch pills again, I hung my head in disappointment. I didn't take them because of Isla, or even Beau, I took them because I was angry at myself. I wanted to end the pain I'd caused. I'm glad I stopped when I did, sense hit me and I knew that killing myself wasn't the answer, I had to face my problems head on. I had years of counselling and therapy to thank for that, it takes a lot more strength to say no to overdosing than it does to actually do it. I reached the top of the stairs and took a deep breath, dreading the sight of the kitchen below me.

After what felt like hours I reached the bottom of the stairs, I could smell bacon drowning the entire bottom flor of the house, and suddenly my eyes lit up, was Isla still here? forgetting about my aching body and messed up thoughts I ran into the kitchen. It was perfectly clean, not a trace of blood, tears or havoc remained. Isla was at the stove, her back facing me, wearing my jersey. She looked incredible, her long, toned legs stood straight and the jersey fell just below her bum. I bit my lip, trying to hide my lust for her and I slowly creeped up behind her, grabbing her by her waist. "Skip! Put me down!" she screeched through a fit of giggles and I pulled her tighter towards my body. She turned around to face me and smiled, that heart melting smile.

"Skip, I'm so, so sorry!" she began crying as her fingers stroked the sores on my face, I couldn't hide the fact it hurt and winced in pain. Her tears fell faster and I buried my face into the crook of her neck, letting her know everything was okay. "Isla, it's not your fault" I stroked her hair soothingly, "baby, everything is going to be okay" I finished and rocked her slowly in my arms. She soon stopped crying and pulled away to face me. The wetness of her eyes made the blue orbs glisten and I felt myself attaching my lips to hers, she kissed me back and our tongues stroked each others in a passionate embrace. We were soon interrupted by a loud alarm, she cursed to herself and began waving a tea towel around the smoke, the bacon was completely burnt, but I was so hungry, I smothered it in ketchup and ate it anyway. Isla laughed as my teeth crunched thought the blackened meat and continued to wash the dishes.

She was perfect, everything I'd ever wanted and for the first time in my life, I felt like things were going right for me.

______________________________

Please vote and comment! x