54. "I'm in love with you."

Skip's POV -

I woke up and rolled over to hold Isla, she wasn't there. For that split second I'd forgotten everything that had happened and hoped she would be here with me, I began sobbing into my pillow replaying Beau kissing her, over and over in my head. I loved her, I loved her more than anything and she'd been with him again, our whole relationship had been a lie. I didn't even want to think about the nights she stayed at 'home' or spent 'quality time' with her 'mum'. The smell of bacon drifted into my room and I remembered Maddison was here, she'd looked after me last night and now she was cooking me bacon, I felt guilty, but I was in a bad place right now. My phone began to ring and I grabbed it from the floor..

Skip: Hello?

James: It's me, when do you want me to come over?

Skip: what time is it?

James: 2pm bro.

Skip: fuck, just come over now, bacon and pancakes are calling.

James: fuck yeh! See you in ten.

I hung up and pulled myself out of bed, I slipped on a pair of black shorts and a white singlet. My hand was bloody and my knuckles wherein so much pain. Flashbacks of last night kept coming and going, Beau kissing Isla, Isla sobbing on the floor, my fist hitting Beau, Beau laughing, me hitting the log and Addie bringing me home. I was so lucky Addie was there, she's more of a sister to me than a cousin and we'd do anything to protect each other. I'd told her everything about Isla, how perfect she was and how in love with her I was, I couldn't wait for them to meet, I didn't think it would be like that. I cried for hours, I cried myself to sleep, I woke up at 6am, 7am and 10am crying. I hurt, more than anything but I'd still kill to have Isla here with me.

I made my way downstairs and found Addie in the kitchen with James eating their bacon and pancakes, "you better have saved me some Sony!" I tried to laugh, but failed miserably. She removed a plate from the oven and sat it down next to James, "tadaa!" she yelled and this time, I managed a small laugh. James and Addie were staring disgustingly into each others eyes and smiling like hyenas, "please guys, you're going to put me off my food!" I moaned, James pushed my chest, causing me to lose balance and fall of the stool. both of them laughed uncontrollably as I stood up, bacon and pancakes hanging out of my mouth and a dazed look in my eyes. I couldn't help but laugh with them, my mood was increasing and I almost forgot the real reason James was here.

"So, what did you need to tell me?" I asked, my stomach flipped and I closed my eyes, forcing the tears back. Isla would never have done anything if she knew the truth about that night Skip." he started, I was confused, what had happened?! "basically, Jai told her that Addie was your ex and that you had told him, that you and Addie were sleeping together behind Isla's back." I couldn't take in what James had just said and burried my head into my hands. "but why Jai?! Was all I could manage. Jai was the last person I expected to say something like that, he never let his temper get to him or lie, it didn't make sense. "because Beau threatened him, Jai made a mistake and Beau used it against him, not that it made a difference in the end." I rubbed my hand across my forehead, trying to get my head around everything.

Soon, James had cleared everything up and I understood what had happened, I wanted Isla back but I didn't know whether I could trust her again. She would be hurting just as much as I was right now, I decided I'd go and see her today, I had to. I picked up my phone and dialled her number, there was no answer. I left her a voicemail. "Isla, I'm sorry, I should have told you about Addie but I didn't know she was going to be here. I'm sorry baby" my voice trailed of and I felt a lump in my throat, what if she didn't want me anymore? "I love you." I needed her to know how I felt about her before it was too late, "I'm in love with you!" I hung up and waited for some kind of response. My phone buzzed, a single word appeared on my screen, one word that we used all the time, I smiled as I read it and knew I had to go to her. I didn't bother getting changed I juts slipped on my brown UGGS and walked out of the front door.

From Isla x

Ditto.