20. "Let me take you on a date?"

The car ride wasn't awkward at all, but somehow I felt completely put of my comfort zone. Beau was driving, I sat in the passenger seat and Skip was in the beck resting his arms and head through the gap. Casual conversation floated around and we spoke about the party, today and a lot about England. Both the guys said they'd love to visit, so I tried to tell them the good aspects of English life, avoiding talking about my life in England.

"London looks incredible! I can't wait to go there one day" Beau said, checking his mirrors and taking the next left. I had no idea where were and I realised over the next few days I needed to explore Melbourne better. "If you stay central, it's beautiful" I added to the conversation but getting lost in the sound of his rough voice. The Australian accent was heart melting and I often found myself replaying certain words in my head and missing conversations.

"Isla!" Skip shouted, obviously I'd drifted off from reality again, now noticing the car had stopped and Beau wasn't in the drivers seat anymore. "I got lost a bit there" I laughed and skip leant forward to hold my hand. I turned to look at him and a smug smile spread across his face. He looked directly into my eyes and batted his eyelashes, "so is that a yes?" he bit his lip and continued to look into my eyes, his thumb stroking my hand.

"Is what a yes?" I released my hand from his and tucked my hair behind my ear. His hand lingered for a while, waiting for mine to find its way back to his, but it didn't and he moved it back to his own lap. "Let me take you on a date?" he asked, smiling at the floor, shifting awkwardly in his seat. He looked so cute, I didn't know what to say, I didn't want to hurt him, he didn't deserve it, but I didn't want to ruin whatever it was I had with Beau.

"I don't know Daniel, I'm kind of still settling in" I replied, my voice cracked a bit, and he looked up smiling. I rarely called him Daniel, he'd obviously grasped this and stroked my cheek "Maybe I could just show you around instead?" he asked. His voice filled with hope and I nodded, it would be nice to see the city and I couldn't reject him twice in one minute. "how's tomorrow?" a twinkle appeared in his eyes and I agreed "the sooner the better" I smiled. Beau opened the door handing me the pizza boxes, winked, making me blush and started the car.

I just blushed because of Beau Brooks, no, I couldn't have. I lifted my hand to my cheek and there it was, a warm sensation flushed through my face. Was the reason I wanted to be distant from Skip because I was developing feelings for Beau? It was just sex, there weren't meant to be feelings involved, and I'd just agreed to spend the day with Skip tomorrow. 'Jesus Christ Isla!' I thought to myself, what stupid mess had I gotten myself into now?

____________________________________

Please vote and comment so I know people are reading! x