Chapter 3 : New School, new problems

| Helen |

I woke up with Luke's arms around me and my arms around him. I untangled myself and slipped into the bathroom. I turned on the hot water and let it calm my nerves. Today was my first day at a new school and I was nervous.

I got out and dried myself off. I walked into my room and Luke wasn't there anymore. I went to my closet and chose an outfit. I went with a black loose Coldplay shirt, black tight jeans and my black Converse. As I was pulling down my shirt, I stared at the huge bruise that was on my stomach, it was a deep blue and purple. It hurt a lot, I blinked back teats when I remembered who gave it to me. I pushed the thought aside.

I went downstairs and grabbed something to eat before sitting down next to Luke, who was eating Honey Nut Cheerios.

"Nice outfit, Hel."

"Thanks," I reply.

"So you ready?" He asked.

I scrunched up my nose, "Not really."

"Don't worry, you'll do great. Stick with me kid, you'll have the time of your life."

I laughed, "Okay Lukey."

"Lukey?"

"You have a nickname for me and I have one for you."

"You really are my sister," Luke smiled.

"Yup," I smiled back.

We finished eating and left for school. Luke pulled into the parking lot and there were only a few cars around.

"We're early?" I asked getting out if the car.

"Yea, I wanted you to get your schedule and meet the guys," Luke replied.

I smiled and we echoed into the office. A lady with red hair looked up from her computer. She was about 50 or 60 years old.

"Mr Hemmings school hasn't started and you are already in trouble?" She asked.

"Not this time, Mrs. Smith. You actually have a new student," Luke replied and pushed me towards the desk.

"Hi, my name is Helen Hemmings," I say with a smile.

"Related?" Mrs. Smith asked.

Luke swung his arm around my shoulder, "She's my sister."

"And he is my brother," I agreed.

"Well, Miss Hemmings, if you're anything like your brother, we are going to have a problem," She replied.

"We can both be very different and very alike," Luke said matter-of-factly.

Mrs. Smith got out a folder and handed me a paper, "Here's your schedule, welcome to our school." She smiled.

"Thank you," I returned the gesture.

We walked out of the office and Luke yanked my schedule before I could even see it. His eyes scanned over it.

"Sweet, we have first, third and fifth together. But I'm pretty sure you have classes with the guys. You're taking art? And chemistry?" He asked.

"Well apparently," I replied.

"Wow, you are way too smart."

"Am not."

"Shut up, you are smart."

We entered the hallway. It had two rows of lockers on each side of the hall. Luke walked down and I followed.

He stopped at a locker, "Alright, this is yours." He pointed to the metal door.

"Cool."

"It's next to mine and Michael's."